Most Beautiful Acoustic songs you know (mostly instrumental)

Manbient

Queer Old Man
Jan 12, 2002
Calgary, AB, Canada
www.bumblelovesmusic.com
so... list them for me please :p i have decided to make a Cd of this kind of stuff, and i want to know more of it. I am looking mostly for instrumental stuff, but put something with vocals if you feel it needs to be mentioned. thank you for your help, my children. here's some, if you know them, i am thinking of... ones like these...

Shakti 98 - Fuziune Amoroasa In An Intre Iubiti
Rik Emmett - Secret Wishes
Opeth - Patterns In The Ivy
Opeth - For Absent Friends
Michael Hedges - Aurora-Nevermore
Andy Timmons - There Are No Words

so... i am sure all youy know the Opeth ones. but stuff like that. Doesn't have to be sad :p

Don Ross - No Goodbyes
Don Ross - Give Me Seven Reasons
The Mahavishnu Orchestra - A Lotus on Irish Streams (more than just acoustic... but still good)
Maudlin of the Well - Interludes 3, and 4
Gardenian - The Silent Fall (really moody, check this one out)
Sinergy - Born Unto Fire and Passion (okay... pretty cheesy, but not BAD per se)
At the Gates - And the World Returned
In Flames - Acoustic Medley (I'd be surprised if you haven't heard this already)
Al Di Meola - First Snow
Al Di Meola - Winterlude no. 4
Chris Brown - Freedom
Michael Hedges - Aerial Boundaries

I dunno if all these fit in the "beautiful" category, but at least they're all good.

I have seen Michael Hedges name pop up a lot, I am a huge fan of his and it was unfortunate that he was snatched away from us (RIP). I have seen Michael at least a dozen times in the past and all I can say he was AMAZING. He poured his heart and soul in each concert!

Here are some of my picks although I have so many to choose from! :)

1. Michael Hedges - Ritual Dance
2. Michael Hedges - Aerial Boundaries
3. Bernd Steidl - Cobra Negra (excellent album called Psycho Acoustic Overture)
4. Paco De Lucia - Entre Dos Aguas (the master)
5. Gipsy Kings - Viento del Arena (with the Moorish vocals)
6. Ottmar Liebert - Barcelona Nights (his debut album was great but he never changed his style after that)
7. Ziroq - Ziroq (Great flamenco/world music from Marcus Nand...I bet some of you metal genius might know who he is)
8. Rainbow - Temple of the King (Sorry but I had to put that one in there and it's mostly acoustic)
9. Bernd Steidl - In Venice
10. Al DiMeola, Paco De Lucia & John McLaughlin - Pretty much anything from "Friday Night in San Francisco" or "Passion, Grace and Fire".
11. Does "Stairway to Heaven" count? ;) Actually Stanley Jordans version is quite nice although not acoustic.

Cheers!

I second Desolate Ways.. "In Remembrance" is another good track from the same album (Blessed are the Sick).

Opeth - Silhouette
Buckethead - For Mom
Armaggeddon - Funeral In Space
Arch Enemy - a track off Black Earth that I cannot think of.