Most difficult Opeth riff...

Currently, I'm having trouble with the accoustic part just after "Where even foes close their eyes and leave..." I can't play it consistently enough yet. :mad:

Have guys heard of "The Riff of Doom", legend has it that it's the hardest riff to play...... ever!! And if you attempt to play it and fail, you will die a horrible, horrible death! Or I am full of shit and bored out of my mind... no one will ever know....muahahahahahahahaha..... I stop now.

right now i've been practicing blackwater park a lot. i've got all the riffs down perfectly except one...the one at about 6:35, with the weird syncopated rythym. it sounds like i'm playing it right but then when i play it with the cd to make sure i end up behind a whole beat.

Oddly, I don't play along to Opeth. I figured out most of Advent, but find it rather unsatisfying to play one guitar part, when Opeth so often rely on both guitars to create a riff (well, the old stuff anyway, which is what I'd be interested in playing)......

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
... but find it rather unsatisfying to play one guitar part, when Opeth so often rely on both guitars to create a riff (well, the old stuff anyway, which is what I'd be interested in playing)......

Yes... I agree...
I truly favour Opeth's first two recordings since I really love the twin guitar melodies they use...
Yet playing along with the recordings is fun in itself in some way...

6:16 in Leper Affinity, not necessarily the hardest to play but the timing in that riff is soooo weird.
Some of the riffs on the Moor are really weird too!
One of the reasons I like newer Opeth probably more than older Opeth is because of the odd nature of the songs.