Most difficult metal song to play

Goober

Noob
Dec 20, 2004
Hey guys, i had a random thought. What would you all think is the most difficult metal song to play on guitar? not just opeth, but by any metal band. I for one have no clue where to start.

Dyer's eve by 'tallica........thats one sucker I cant nail EVER....hahaha.......PEAC EOUT

Zivilyn said:
Iron Man.

But Aquanet by Spastic Ink is pretty close too...

lol iron man? by sabbath? if thats the one youre talking about...its eeeeasy

I actually would have thought the hardest metal song to play would be something by yngwie, that guy is a machine

Godhead's Lament said:
Nevermore solos are quite hard. But the hardest I've tried to play, and failed, is either "Never Purify" by Nevermore, or "Kissing The Shadows" by Children Of Bodom

Kissing the shadows can be especially hard to play if you have to sing and play it at the same time, because there are a few parts where alexi has to sing and practically be doing a solo at the same time....

Yngwie Malmsteen and Cacophony are kinda like...virtuose guitarist, or how you call them. Its like trying to play something from Paul Gilbert or some other crazy ass dudes. I would say Megadeth, the beginning of their songs are often quite easy, but its getting harder and harder, especially their solos. Mustaine is a king in old skool pentatonic shredding and Marty Friedman has also some very difficult solos.
And i also have some respect for alexi. Like RjBeals said here.
must...play...more...guitar...must!!!

Oh yeah, dont forget necrophagist. While it isnt THE hardest, anyone who can play their stuff has my utter respect.

TonysApprentices said:
Yngwie Malmsteen and Cacophony are kinda like...virtuose guitarist, or how you call them. Its like trying to play something from Paul Gilbert or some other crazy ass dudes. I would say Megadeth, the beginning of their songs are often quite easy, but its getting harder and harder, especially their solos. Mustaine is a king in old skool pentatonic shredding and Marty Friedman has also some very difficult solos.
And i also have some respect for alexi. Like RjBeals said here.
must...play...more...guitar...must!!!
Yngwie, yes, Cacophony, no. Becker and Friedman created the 2 greatest guitar albums in existence, all 10 steps ahead of any virtuoso wanker.