Favourite Opeth Solo/ Most Difficult Solo

How do you guys all know which solos are Mike's and which are Peter's? I mean if it's on the Lamentations or Roundhouse DVDs it's easy to tell, but for all the other stuff I mean. Especially the earlier stuff... I have no clue!

My favorite solo is the second one in Windowpane. Not hard to play but very expressive.

I find it rather easy to tell who made the solo, probably cause I play them on guitar and notice patterns and ways of playing solos that differ between them.

Yea, that's basically what I was saying but I personally am incapable of finding huge distinctions between the two guitarists on Orchid and Morningrise as their styles really haven't developed.

^^ It's really just an assumption that they would play on the same channel the whole time in those two albums, though it's been said many times so someone might have it in writing somewhere, but, assuming its true, all you would need to do is find a video of Forest of October or something, watch who plays what solo, then listen to it on headphones to figure out whose channel is whose.

Mike's solo on "The Leper Affinity" is my absolute favorite Opeth solo. "Burden" has a lot of great solos by both Mike and Fred.

But Mike's always been and probably always will be my favorite guitarist in Opeth.

Well yea, I mean even if you like Peter or Fred slightly more on the metal side of things, Mike pretty much handles all the clean melodic solos besides Burden in addition to all his badass metal solos so how can he not be your fav :)

the most beautiful solo
tied between
To rid the disease & both solo's to windowpane

my favorite solo to play has to be both solo's for "Funeral portrait"
hats off to Mikael for that - its construction is superb, I wouldn't change a note if I had to improvise with it.

I don't know what would be considered the most difficult solo by opeth