Favourite Opeth Solo/ Most Difficult Solo

It's hard for me to choose between the two solo portions in The Funeral Portrait, but I'd have to say the outro solo is my favorite to play. The way the arpeggios in the beginning match up with the cymbal and bass drum hits is killer. As far as the most difficult to play, I'd say it's definitely White Cluster

For my favourite solo i would probably say the second one in Deliverance its very catchy in a good way its the sorta thing were its so catchy but while still being an awesome solo
catchy to the point of irony (i donno its hard to explain i just love it :D). Their are also some really nice ones on a fair judgement and on black rose immortal oh theirs also a solo on the grand conjuration i perticularly enjoy its really shreddy but epic sounding.

Heir Apparent.. and.. and.. uhm.. For Absent Friends!

= best ones. not hardest ones.

Serenity Painted Death first solo, no question. Part of why Akerfeldt hates playing the song so much, too many parts that are easy to fuck up on. Amazing piece though, and rightfully so.

How do you guys all know which solos are Mike's and which are Peter's? I mean if it's on the Lamentations or Roundhouse DVDs it's easy to tell, but for all the other stuff I mean. Especially the earlier stuff... I have no clue!

My favorite solo is the second one in Windowpane. Not hard to play but very expressive.

How do you guys all know which solos are Mike's and which are Peter's? I mean if it's on the Lamentations or Roundhouse DVDs it's easy to tell, but for all the other stuff I mean. Especially the earlier stuff... I have no clue!

My favorite solo is the second one in Windowpane. Not hard to play but very expressive.

A) Those DVDs

B) Other live performances

C) People have figured out based on Roundhouse Tapes performances of TNATSW and UTWM who plays what parts, and since those albums pan parts completely left or right pretty often, you can therefore tell who does what solos based on what channel they come out of

D) They've become stylistically pretty different, Mike being a little more traditional and Peter absolutely fapping over arpeggios, you can pretty much tell on When, Wreath, The Leper Affinity, Deliverance, The Funeral Portrait, and Beneath the Mire that it's Peter.

E) Mike pretty much plays all clean solos that I know of, except in the solo trade off in Burden.