Favourite Opeth Solo/ Most Difficult Solo

BlackRoseImmortalWaterPark

Black Ros Mortal!! METAL!
Oct 4, 2007
Toronto
So The question is what is your favourite Opeth Solo and what do you think is the most difficult solo to play. For me I cant just pick one Ill give my top list.

Leper Affinity 1st Solo
Fair Judgement Solos
Deliverance 1st Solo
When
Black Rose Immortal 1st Solo
Hours Of Wealth
The Drapery falls

I find Peter Lindgren solos are more difficult not saying his are better, cause a great solo aint about technicality, but about emotion. But lindgrens have more arpeggios and sweeps involved in his style, so more difficult to play. I am not familar with all the solos on Orchid, but thats when there were more technicality and speed to the solos so I think the hardest one I have encountered would be a solo from Orchid. Forest of October maybe

I've just come up to a year of guitar playing, I have a Jackson Kelly Pro Series 3. I agree with you, most difficult solo I've come across so far is the 1st solo from forest of october, I can play all of that song except that very first solo.

My favourite solo? If I had to choose one it would be hours of wealth, so much feeling.

I actually think i can pick a number one,the solo in Hours Of Wealth,it sounds very un-Opeth like in many ways. It also has this kind of timeless quality to it.

Most Opeth solos are fairly easy, so it's hard to pick one. The one that took me longest to get down back in the day was The Leper Affinity first solo though (Mike's one). Main reason is that he has so much fluency and expression in his playing. It's hard to match.

I think the White Cluster solos are some of the hardest in Opeth's catalogue. Fast stuff. I don't find Mike's solo on the Leper Affinity super difficult, although it is hard to get it as fluent as on the record, as Moonie pointed out. That Leper Affinity solo is one of my favourites though, along with the SPD solo. Epic.

There's probably more and better examples, but I just listened to The Funeral Portrait and the last solo is really really nice. :)

My favourite is the clean one in Bleak. That section should have been so much longer.

Last solo in Deliverance (leading into the acoustic part) and A Fair Judgement are the only ones I can think of at the moment...