Most insane tech band you can think of

I won't list any the bands that have been mentioned.

Augury
Blotted Science
Ephel Duath
Sleep Terror
Spastic Ink
Unexpect

I don't think Pestilence is all that technical compared with the other bands in this thread. Sphere's (Their fusion album) is just average.

Just check out this link http://www.last.fm/tag/technical+death+metal

The most insane tech/prog DM I've heard is Lykathea Aflame! Really unique! Their album has 12 reviews on Metal Archives with a 96% score. Maybe that gives you an idea of how good it is....

Yeah, Lykathea Aflame are the most technical band I can think of that are actually worth listening to. Nile also make the list of good technical bands. The Faceless are pretty dope too.

Yeah, Lykathea Aflame are the most technical band I can think of that are actually worth listening to. Nile also make the list of good technical bands. The Faceless are pretty dope too.

Nile is about as technical a band I can stand... they know when to slow it down and add some dynamics in their music instead of just non-stop sweep picks and wankery

I'd have to say Behold...the Arctopus. Upon first listen, it sounds like a lot of unnecessary (Warr) guitar gymnastics but after a few listens you start to notice all the free-jazz and avant-garde classical influence that really make these guys so much more unique than any other tech band out there.

I'd have to say Behold...the Arctopus. Upon first listen, it sounds like a lot of unnecessary (Warr) guitar gymnastics but after a few listens you start to notice all the free-jazz and avant-garde classical influence that really make these guys so much more unique than any other tech band out there.

Agreed, I've never really heard any other band like those guys yet I think

If you like Behold... The Arctopus I'd suggest checking out their guitaris't side-project Direwolf.

I listen to or have heard pretty much every band/project with members of Behold... Great stuff mostly. Can't really get into Infidel?/Castro! though.

Direwolf is pretty amazing.

I've never heard of Infidel?/Castro! I'll have to check these guys out.

What do you think of Byla and Dysrhythmia?

Well, Infidel?/Castro! is no longer around. Last I checked, their myspace songs wouldn't load. I believe they have a few mp3s on their website though.

It's some pretty fuckin weird stuff. They blends elements of noise, power electronics, ambient, and hints of metal. As interesting as it can be, it's pretty unlistenable.

Byla is great. I have both their albums. Viscera isn't quite as good as I'd hoped it would be but it's definitely an impressive display of soundwalls. Their first album blew me away though. My favorite ambient album of all time, actually. It's a shame more people don't know about them.

I actually saw Dysrhthmia play with Behold... The acoustics in the room weren't all that great but they put on a really good show. I still need to buy some of their albums. Their song Earthquake is insane.

I found Infidel?/Castro! first album Infidelicacy. Havn't listening to it yet.

I enjoyed Byla's first album as well. Although I wasn't blown away by it. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for that type of ambience at the moment. I'll definitly give it another listen.

I found Infidel?/Castro! first album Infidelicacy. Havn't listening to it yet.

I enjoyed Byla's first album as well. Although I wasn't blown away by it. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for that type of ambience at the moment. I'll definitly give it another listen.

Normally ambient music (short of a few artists) doesn't amaze me all that much but their s/t has a lot of qualities uncharacteristic of most ambient artists. The heavy use of guitar gives it a really different feel.