The most depressing song you can think of.

Basically any song off of Warning's Watching From A Distance.
Or possibly Anti - Beatam Mortem Expectans

Saint Vitus - The Lost Feeling

ok maybe not the most depresing song, but a song about depression

I'm taking over
I'll snap your mind in two
I'll make suicide seem
Like the right thing to do
You try to drown me
With alcohol and pills
But in the end you are
The only one that kills

This isn't the most depressing, but what comes to mind is the latter half of Operation: Mindcrime - I Don't Believe In Love, Breaking The Silence, and to a lesser extent Eyes Of A Stranger. Mostly just think about the tragicness of the plot or whatever. Never got choked up or anything, but kinda sad.

i've never been depressed in my life and never will be but i maintain that it's impossible to enjoy listening to depressing music, it's a contradiction. if you're enjoying it then clearly it isn't depressing. 'depressed music' would be a more apt description - all of that stuff is gay incidentally

I like being depressed because it helps me cut the fat out of life. If I'm all stuck wallowing in depression then I don't give a shit about stupid games people play and I don't have to care about trying to be happy because it's useless. Is it sad being depressed? Of course. But it also puts me in a position where I can focus on the things that really need to be done. There's a lot of clutter in this world, and the strong emotions that depression brings can also bring me perspective and allow me to think clearly. Normally I'd feel obligated to feel happy, but if I'm depressed, that burden gets off my chest and only after that do I actually have a chance at being happy. The burden of being obligated to be happy kills it for me otherwise.

No doubt, like with all music, people like depressed/depressing music for all different kinds of reasons. But for me, depressing music is good because it does indeed truly depress me. And I enjoy that.

I like being depressed because it helps me cut the fat out of life. If I'm all stuck wallowing in depression then I don't give a shit about stupid games people play and I don't have to care about trying to be happy because it's useless. Is it sad being depressed? Of course. But it also puts me in a position where I can focus on the things that really need to be done. There's a lot of clutter in this world, and the strong emotions that depression brings can also bring me perspective and allow me to think clearly. Normally I'd feel obligated to feel happy, but if I'm depressed, that burden gets off my chest and only after that do I actually have a chance at being happy. The burden of being obligated to be happy kills it for me otherwise.

No doubt, like with all music, people like depressed/depressing music for all different kinds of reasons. But for me, depressing music is good because it does indeed truly depress me. And I enjoy that.
Have I ever told you you're a fucking moron?

^Actually, that really is a depressing song.
I always found Metallica's cover of Turn The Page pretty depressing when I watched the video.

Bootscraper by Lamb of God

This song is soooo depressing because it describes the stuff we all hate about everyday life. It will make you want to quit your job, leave your family and give up on life in general.

Watch the broken common man
Drown his sorrows at unhappy hour.
Dirty and sweaty
With just enough to get by.
Calluses on his hands calluses on his soul
Hard-boiled son of a bitch
Scraping away on the down hill grind.
It's a means to an end, a mean end for most.
Death and domestication ends in shattered hopes
Can't see the hand at the other end of the leash.
Turn and bite.
Turn and bite the hand that bleeds you dry.
Throw yourself a bone, no one else will.
Compromise leads to self-loathing
Money the excrement of labor.
And you don't get to keep shit
Except politics and power trips and a bad breath down your neck.
I know
For I have toiled in the halls of the mighty
And not received a teardrop in a bucket.
Motherfuck it.
The world doesn't owe me a thing
But you do (Motherfucker).
So crooked when you die they're ganna have to screw your ass into the ground.
As life slowly unravels
Rise above, extract your life.
Will you look within
Then turn around and bite?
Day by day the mask suffocates your life
Is this any way to live?
No fucking way.

Bootscraper by Lamb of God

This song is soooo depressing because it describes the stuff we all hate about everyday life. It will make you want to quit your job, leave your family and give up on life in general.

Watch the broken common man
Drown his sorrows at unhappy hour.
Dirty and sweaty
With just enough to get by.
Calluses on his hands calluses on his soul
Hard-boiled son of a bitch
Scraping away on the down hill grind.
It's a means to an end, a mean end for most.
Death and domestication ends in shattered hopes
Can't see the hand at the other end of the leash.
Turn and bite.
Turn and bite the hand that bleeds you dry.
Throw yourself a bone, no one else will.
Compromise leads to self-loathing
Money the excrement of labor.
And you don't get to keep shit
Except politics and power trips and a bad breath down your neck.
I know
For I have toiled in the halls of the mighty
And not received a teardrop in a bucket.
Motherfuck it.
The world doesn't owe me a thing
But you do (Motherfucker).
So crooked when you die they're ganna have to screw your ass into the ground.
As life slowly unravels
Rise above, extract your life.
Will you look within
Then turn around and bite?
Day by day the mask suffocates your life
Is this any way to live?
No fucking way.

I love that song.