Most depressing song you know?

thanks for having 'youtube'd' my songs. have thought of another, quite obscure one, that is 'When We Go Home' by Jakko M. Jakszyk (from 'The Bruised Romantic Glee Club', i wonder if anyone of you has heard this excellent cd)
now it is really prozac time! :)

Wow that was really magical. Initially I found it funny because it doesn't sound anything like how we say it here :D here it is beautiful . It puts me into a trance-like state. Definitely brings out melancholy. Who is the artist? Scandinavian ?

Hmm, maybe could be:

Agalloch - A Desolation Song.
Agalloch - Fire Above, Ice Below.
Alcest - Souvenir's D'un Autre Monde(Whole album).
Mono - Follow The Map.
Mournful Congregation - When The Weeping Dawn Behelds Its Mortal Thirst.
Opeth - Epilogue.
Fen - Colossal Voids.

I know I've listened to more depressive stuff, but those are the ones who come to my mind.

depressing... hmmm... runaway train by soul asylum does it for me, song always makes me feel awful, but in a strangely funny kinda way. metal just can't make me sad, ever, that's why i love it :)

Depressing is such a harsh term. It also differs from person to person as we all absorb music in our own ways. Is Joy Division depressing? I wouldn't say so. Sad and depressing are such different things. I mean, very often the mood a song stirs up depend on our personal memories attached to it.

I rather avoid to call songs depressing because very often the sad songs make me somehow feel better and less alone when I feel sad. So let's list some songs which I would label as sad songs (but without negative undertone)

The God Machine - It's all over
Sophia - (Death comes) so slow
Evanescence - My immortal
Echo & The Bunnymen - Ocean rain (my favourite song all-time, but a sad one lyrically)
Manic Street Preachers - William's last words

On a totally different level, check out Salem's (another Israeli metal band) song "Ha´Ayara Bo'Eret", a doom metal version of an old 1938 poem by Mordechai Gebirtig which was a warning for the holocaust (initially written in Yiddish language and named "S'brennt"). Salem's metal cover in Hebrew is very haunting, and the video (using real footage from the war - so not for sensitive eyes) is simply horrifying. It is a fantastic anti-war statement and a message to never forget what happened...

at the same time you can consider it a very sad song because, looking at current ongoings in Europe, people haven't learnt from their past and stigmatisation based on ethnicity and religion are ongoing. That to me may be sadder than any song that deals with themes such as suicide or personal grief.

WARNING: those with sensible eyes better not watch the video. It was intended as anti-war statement, not to shock, nonetheless it can come across as shocking to some. If you are easily moved by such images, better just check the audio of that song.