Most depressing song you know?

pancake20bunnyad8.jpg

Isolation Years by Opeth always gets me.

But, The Beloved's Cry is a cover of Paradise Lost, is it not???
Paradise Lost doesn't have a track called The Beloved's Cry,it is Orphaned's song. :)

For me,the most depressing track recorded on this world is The Cure's Faith.
I also love many depressing songs from various genres,but Faith is the ass-kicker.

The Beloved's Cry!!! I loooove this song...
Turbo - "Pozorne Życie" :)

On the other hand, some stupid polish songs with stupid lyrics make me depressed - but it's a BAD depression ;p

Hollow Stone [from Agalloch's new EP]
Many Opeth songs
The outro of Halo Dies

All of these have a profound effect on me, a weird introspective depression.

Agree with Space Dye Vest, Beloved's Cry and Hollow Stone, and adding most of My Dying Bride songs (especially For My Fallen Angel and Sear Me), Anathema - One Last Goodbye, Katatonia - Day, actually, most of Katatonia songs.

I will never get over the sad feeling of this song...:cry:

Not a depressive one but coundn't resist...:kickass:

Ok now my sadness gone...i'm insanely carried away...:loco::hotjump:

Last edited by a moderator:
13 years have passed since i first listen to it and i still can't get over the flooding of feelings it drowns me into...:worship:

In some way the most depressing songs I know are from the last two Sentenced albums. Some of the lyrics on those albums have passed that 'ultra depressing' stage and have come out on the other side, where suicide is a liberation instead of the outcome of some sad state.
I mean, it seems these lyrics are expressing the dawning of some kind of revelation that death is a good thing, and a happiness to have found out about this!
Those lyrics are strangely fascinating, yet disturbing. Because, how far into the reaches of your mind do you have to go, to figure this out?

In some way the most depressing songs I know are from the last two Sentenced albums. Some of the lyrics on those albums have passed that 'ultra depressing' stage and have come out on the other side, where suicide is a liberation instead of the outcome of some sad state.
I mean, it seems these lyrics are expressing the dawning of some kind of revelation that death is a good thing, and a happiness to have found out about this!
Those lyrics are strangely fascinating, yet disturbing. Because, how far into the reaches of your mind do you have to go, to figure this out?

You are so very right, nice point of view and thinking...taking in mind of the recent Sentenced loss allow me to dedicate this song to you and everyone else in here...

Dreamcell
"the Chaos Path" and "Hufsa" are my favourite Arcturus' songs

It's really great that you appreciate the Arcturus music style. Specially songs that Simen shows his singing talent and abilities. Actually i adore the whole "Sideshow Symphonies" album...it's simply a masterpiece...:worship:

Wish you were here, Pink Floyd, always makes me think of a lost friend/love,
"How I wish, how I wish you were here
we're just two lost souls swimming in fish bowl, year after year
running over the same old ground, what have we found?
the same old fears, wish you were here..."

describes perfectly our separation.

By the way, hi all again :)