Most Moody/depressing albums you've ever heard

Pain of Slavation's Remedy Lane is very depressing once you know what is going on.

Type O have some great depressing stuff, and some great angry tunes.

Danzig 4 is worth checking out for a good depression also.

Spudd

Originally posted by Spudd
Pain of Slavation's Remedy Lane is very depressing once you know what is going on.

I'll tell you what's depressing, 'second love' ..that song is so awful it ought to make you cry, I don't get why they had to put that song in there

i'm listening to the Virgin Black album, "sombre romantic" right now, its pretty bleak stuff. not to mention some strong melodies. i almost forgot how much i love this cd.

Virgin Black - Sombre is awesome for a first effort, but leaves things to be desired in the way of emotion.

Opeth - patterns in the ivy
My Dying Bride - for my fallen angel (I can't deside whether I find this song depressing actually, its absolutely beautiful)
Embodyment - Hold Your Breath
Schaliach - Sonrise (even though most of their stuff is in a major key it always sounds so sad for some reason)

whoo! Someone mentioned dark ambient music!

Raison d'Etre - The Empty Hollow Unfolds
Letum - The entrance to Salvation

A band that no one ever mentions at least i haven't seen heh their album is a masterpiece for me its so depressing and beautiful bleak and all that i LOVE it!!!! the band is called Rapture and they are from finland they have only album out now but a second one is on the progress the first album is titled as Futile. You can see the cover as my avatar! You can find their album on Relapse Records tho they aren't signed to RR they are signed to spikefarm....

The Cure definitely has some depressing tracks.. someone mentioned "Same Deep Water as You" in a thread a number of months ago.. it's been in my playlist since.

For some reason, some TOOL tracks depress me (though I love the songs..)

Deathmoor: love your sig. :D

I've heard a few samples from the upcoming Forest Stream album today, and they'll certainly be contenders in the suicidal stakes.

The track I heard (not the one linked in my sig.)was like a cross between Unholy and Opeth, with some seriously majestic symphonics thrown in. I'm getting really excited about this album..

Lee

Misery Loves Company's Not Like Them is worth a spin.
Also, if you can get your hands on Decoryah's Breathing The Blue. The band is finnish and the album is hard to find, but believe me, the music is amazing. It's little on the goth-side, but it has lots of acoustic and clean elements (If not all, I can't remember exactly) and real drums.

Shape of Despair- Angels of distress.

I just got it today, it's on right now (3rd time in a row), and I'm feeling suitable bleak and depressed, but in a good way, y'know, the way a good doom album can bum you out without making you actually depressed.