MOST METAL CITIES

KaMiKAZeStRiP

Marz Velocity
May 10, 2006
Chi-town/Stl
Hey! I was thinking about transferring colleges to a city that has a bigger metal scene than Chicago does. Anyone know of any great cities (preferrably within US or UK) that have great metal culture and community? I'm thinking mostly thrash/death/black metal. Thanks a lot, any advice is welcome.

KaMiKAZeStRiP said:
Hey! I was thinking about transferring colleges to a city that has a bigger metal scene than Chicago does. Anyone know of any great cities (preferrably within US or UK) that have great metal culture and community? I'm thinking mostly thrash/death/black metal. Thanks a lot, any advice is welcome.

Better consider a college in a foreign country then. If the third most populous city in the nation doesn't have a good enough metal scene, then no city in America does.

Well do you think that it does? I don't really know if there are many shows here that aren't 21+ and it's not like I ever meet anyone here who listens to metal....sooooo...maybe I'm in the wrong part of Chicago then.

Actually, why would you transfer colleges because of the metal scene? That could be the most pathetic thing I've heard in awhile

haha im not basing it on that reason alone!! im thinking about MIT or cooper union so yeah education before music! i just want to live somewhere that has good shows.

Does Tampa still have a scene? Or is Tampa pretty much obsolete?

Interestingly, I was reading a Southern Poverty Law Center magazine a few years ago and it stated that Tampa had the highest concentration of satanists of any city in the U.S. Which isn't really surprising though this was about 5 years ago or so and alot's probably changed since then.

KaMiKAZeStRiP said:
LONDON DUDE COME TO PADDYS TOWN:kickass: AND PADDY TEACH YOU BOUT DRINKING SMOKIN AND WOMEN :Smokin: AND HOW TO FLY AT KNOB JOCKEY THEN YOU GO BACK HOME WITH A DEGREE IN LIFE:kickass: :Smokin:

If you're looking for shows, you could just stay in Chicago. Los Angeles and Orange Counties both get good national shows coming through many of the venues. If you're looking for a local Metal scene, though, LA is really not the way to go.

hmm yeah if you're just looking for shows then a scene isn't really what you're looking for...
I'd recommend maybe someplace so you'd be within a reasonable distance to Jaxx ... that place seems to get a shit load of tours as well as exclusive shows... plus I'd imagine there are a lot of other venues around
of course since you mentioned MIT, the Middle East in cambridge along with several other clubs are nearby, and then you'd have access to Worcester and Providence for shows... so that may not be a bad option either

If you are considering MIT it's ~1-2 hours to most shows in Worcester or Providence. However, it seems most of the bands that come from New England are Hardcore/Metalcore.

By the way, what college are you attending? I'm considering applying to Northwestern.