Most popular form of metal among females?

There's nothing wrong with curvy women, but why is this idiot rich from selling shit and polluting the air, lowering the national iq, etc etc etc.

What bothers me is that everytime I go out to a bar or something I hear this guy and Lil Jon butcher a classic European House Song and turn it into Crunk-Hop :mad:

I think women like the exact same bands men do, only they don't deem necessary to appear macho/brutal when expressing their taste. :p

I think women like the exact same bands men do, only they don't deem necessary to appear macho/brutal when expressing their taste. :p

I agree.

Here the 60% of the males and the 90% of the females listen to that reggaeton shit, shitty cumbia, shitty pop or whatever is trendy.

The rest listen to classic rock/national rock (I like some of the national bands too, so it's OK for me) and a really, really small group listen to metal.

I am still a n00b to metal so I haven't heard many Black or Grind Metal... so far my favs are (in no particular order) Thrash/Groove/Post Thrash, Tech Death, Melodeath, Brutal Tech Death, Death and Brutal Death in general, and NWOBHM if that could be a genre.
But I also like Power, Doom, Prog, Symphonic, and Gothic metal, and classic/prog/hard rock.

The argentinian metal scene is completely underground and bands disappear quickly because the labels don't hire them. 3 of the 10 biggest argie bands were/are headed by the same guy (Ricardo Iorio).

I women who likes Manowar is what I need. I've already put it on craigslist

What is so rare about that? I listen to Manowar.

@Yula: Too bad about the metal scene in Argentina, don't people buy many albums there? Usually sales is what motivates labels to get on the market... If not, any labels from other countries to sign up the bands? Though, album sales don't exactly bring much money, but offers some means for a band to record a new album.

What is so rare about that? I listen to Manowar.

@Yula: Too bad about the metal scene in Argentina, don't people buy many albums there? Usually sales is what motivates labels to get on the market... If not, any labels from other countries to sign up the bands? Though, album sales don't exactly bring much money, but offers some means for a band to record a new album.

I think it is the same problem that other countries have (shitty music genres being mainstream and not the really good music), but worse =S

We have been having a big economic crisis in the last 20 years so people prefers to buy a pirate album instead of buying an original one; the price difference is pretty big. (4-8 pirate albums= 1 original album). But this does not apply just to metal, this goes for all the genres.

Metal has very, very little followers here. People sticks to the old argentinian rock legends (that worked hard to become big) and to whatever the media sells them. And even said rock legends are starting to lose fans.... the new generation's attention is in Lady GaGa and reggaeton; the 40+ people like shitty folklore groups and melodic singers or not listen to music at all.

When Madonna, Coldplay, U2, McCartney and the Rolling Stones came here, the media was all over them. When Queen and KISS arrived here, they got some attention. Metallica, Megadeth and Iron Maiden (who came here every year in the last 4 years) had concerts here too. People from all over the country went to see them. Did ANYONE in the media care? Nope.

Carlos 'Indio' Solari is the biggest rock artist now. Some of his followers are adults who started to listen to him in his first band(Patricio Rey y sus Redonditos de Ricota,awesome band) and also listen to Skay Beilinson, the other founding member of that group..... but most of them are idiots that listen to him because he is a rock icon; and it is the only thing they listen to (and completely ignore Skay's work). There are no 'music listeners' in the last generation, if you get what I mean. :erk: . And of course, only his old fans actually buy his records, so he is not super rich.

Metal bands have to do what they can with very low budgets working with very small independent labels. Major labels/International labels only hire the bands that are already big, so many artists just give up or stay in the underground forever.

Almafuerte ('huge' metal band) does not get even the half of the attention it diserves. And since recently his leader, Ricardo Iorio, appeared in some interviews totally stoned and saying a lot of retarded bullshit, the media started to make fun of him (talking about him like he was some unknown random musician), his music, and metal in general like anyone who listens to metal is an idiot and thinks that what he said is an absolute truth. :mad:

My lady likes Metallica. She mainly listens to country music and ska music but I think she'd be open to more metal. I just haven't really tried yet.

As far as metal goes, my girlfriend kind of did the whole nu-metal korn, disturbed, SoaD thing when we first met.
Now, she'll willingly listen to Mastodon, Powerwolf, The Lamp of Thoth, Clutch, and Type O Negative (particularly slow deep and hard)

I feel that's some achievement on my part.