Most Produced Breakdown Ever.

First post. I'm not sure if this is a good clip to ask about tones, but im looking to get a good modern guitar tone. currently using amplitube 3 with some EQ/Comp.

If its not enough to listen to ill post a new song asking for tips but just any advice on the mix, bass, guitars, anything will help.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22148395/mostproducedbreakdownever.mp3

joey strugis esque

whats some of your EQ and comp settings?
i could never get Amplitude to ever sound listenable.

Sounds awesome. I'm new to recording myself, any chance you could give me an insight into how you did the stuttering effect near the start? I've tried doing something similar on tracks before but could never get it sounding right.

Sounds awesome. I'm new to recording myself, any chance you could give me an insight into how you did the stuttering effect near the start? I've tried doing something similar on tracks before but could never get it sounding right.

He probably used the free vst dblue glitch plugin:
http://illformed.org/plugins/glitch/... very nice for a free one!
The only plugin i know that is better than dblue glitch is the izotope stutter edit, which costs ~150€.

Or edit the stutter into the wav files using the grid, probably even easier than using glitch plugs.

How can you tell how good a tone is from a one-note chug? Sorry just my take on it. No offense to the OP intended, even though this kind of song bores me to death, and I'm already dead.:zombie:

ill definitely be posting more because even though i've worked pretty hard on this tone im still looking for good constructive criticism. and as for the stutter on the guitar i manually chop/mute the guitar track in logic. its a bitch but its really the only way i see to do it. you have complete control over it.

and thank you for everyone checking it out, sorry its not long enough and it was kind of a joke.

@Masterbeast i know man thats why i was like "shit this might not be enough....fuck it." hahaha. ill be posting tons more so no worries.:headbang:

Sounds pretty good to me. Kick is a little too clicky/sturgis-y for my tastes. Very effects-driven, which is obviously the point. Dunno how to feel about that, but in terms of the mix everything sounds pretty solid.

Okay, bomb was already dropped - what kind of settings did you use in Amplitube? EQ Settings?

What i'm even more interested in: What Drums am I hearing there??

~ Klotzi

to be completely honest i went on that sturgis preset page and just copied the settings from there onto amplitube. but a great place to start for amplitube is here that guy has great tones. and drums are SSD EX

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously nice, loving the snare sound, which snare from slate was it? Also, stupidly impressive guitar tone for amplitube!

Tone reminds me so much of The Ghost Inside. I don't like the effects on the entire breakdown, takes away the balls.

sounds good. the effects make it feel restrained, but controlled, it's pretty groovy.

live?

thanks,