Most Ridiculous Metal Cover?

So I'm a fan of Cradle of Filth, but I admit about half of their covers are pretty bad (ie. Black Metal, Temptation)...as are every generic black metal bands' cover of any darkthrone, burzum, and mayhem songs that have already been done to death, dug up and pissed on even more. Unless you have something unique or different to offer, what's the point of of being the ten-thousandth band to cover Transilvanian Hunger?

Oh and if this *were* about album art, I'd hardly call it metal, but has anyone seen that poison album face? it was called something like look who the cat dragged in I think. It's rather gruesome.

How is it ridiculous for one high profile metal band to cover another metal band? Sure, I like the Death version of Painkiller, but it hardly belongs in this thread.

Regarding the solo, he's trying to do something different, and the vocals were fine, so it's a good effort all around.

A metal band covering Highway Star isn't much of a stretch either.

My band will soon be doing a cover of either Elliott Smith's Roman Candle or Christian Brothers pretty soon.

Hmm... while I probably can't top the above mentions, there are a few really awesome covers out there which are ridiculous simply because of the genre of the original song:

Celtic Frost - "Mexican Radio" (originally by Wall of Voodoo)
Therion - "Summer Night City" (originally by ABBA)

It still blows my mind that someone came up with the idea of making a metal cover of either of those. :lol:

It has been mentioned but COB - Oops I did it again is definetely the most riddiculous.

Other then that, I thought Type O Negative covering "Angry Inch" from a broadway rock opera to be pretty strange.

I've got it! Apparently there is a group called Ten Masked Men who have turned a number of pop songs into death metal songs. This is amazing! And their drummer is a beast! Please enjoy the following...... :lol:

Ricki Martin - "Livin La Vida Loca"

Eiffel65 - "I'm Blue" :lol: :lol: *choke* :lol:

Coolio - "Gangsta's Paradise"

Michael Jackson - "Beat It"

and for the win...
Wild Cherry - "Play That Funky Music White Boy" (this is the best one yet!)

Go to YouTube to watch more. They also have:
Madonna - "Pappa Don't Preach"
Bee Gees - "Stayin Alive"
Tom Jones - "Sex Bomb"
Britney Spears - "Hit Me Baby One More Time"
Jamiroquai - "Deeper Underground"

Am I the last one to know of this band?? :err:
http://www.myspace.com/tenmaskedmen

Last edited by a moderator:
Coroner's cover of The Beatles I Want You (She's So Heavy) was quite unexpected and somewhat ridiculous but it works. Their cover of Purple Haze, on the other hand.... :erk: