Most Un-Metal Moment

I have noticed that xmas music has a following that is nearly as rabid a devoted as metal. I've actually gotten in shouting matches with people over xmas music. Worst of all, I allowed my inlaws to drag me to a Trans Siberian Orchestra show. I was thinking "Well, Jeff Scott Soto, John Oliva, and Al Pitrelli are in this band. Can't be all bad." Boy, was I wrong!

Really? I have seen them twice and both times it was a very entertaining show and quite a spectacle.

Country and Rap music are more mainstream than Metal so not in the same ballpark.

In regards to radio and television airtime, this is correct. However, it has been shown consistently that metal bands generate sales revenue on a comparable level with that of niche genre like country and rap. All these genere actually fall behind mainstream rock and pop.

Really? I have seen them twice and both times it was a very entertaining show and quite a spectacle.

I liked the last 30 minutes which was all instrumental reworks of classical symphonies, but I could not stomach the off-off-off-broadway musical theatre style of the "Night Castle" songs. I was especially annoyed by the black dude who did the in-between song narration. He sounded like James Earl Jones and looked like Morgan Tsvangirai.

Christmas music sucks balls.It's up there with reggaeton,happy hardcore,emo,and nu metal as the worst music genres.

If the kind of "happy hardcore" you're referring to is like Four Year Strong, then that shit's great you faggot.

If not, carry on.

In regards to radio and television airtime, this is correct. However, it has been shown consistently that metal bands generate sales revenue on a comparable level with that of niche genre like country and rap. All these genere actually fall behind mainstream rock and pop.

I liked the last 30 minutes which was all instrumental reworks of classical symphonies, but I could not stomach the off-off-off-broadway musical theatre style of the "Night Castle" songs. I was especially annoyed by the black dude who did the in-between song narration. He sounded like James Earl Jones and looked like Morgan Tsvangirai.

That black guy fucking rules! You lose.

That shit is pretty damn terrible..but its cousin Goa Trance is awesome

That black guy fucking rules! You lose.

What, he rules at delivering goofball cheesy rhyming narration? I suppose if you appreciate TSO in some sort of tongue-in-cheek ironic joke kind of way, then, yeah, but have you ever had to sit through 3 fucking hours of that shit in stadium seats surrounded by obese fuckheads who are violating your personal space because they're trying to dance?