most uncommercial albums

Apr 12, 2002
Istanbul, Turkey
www.myspace.com
here's a different thread: jot down the most UNcommercial albums you've ever heard in your life.

here are a few off the top of my head:

anal cunt - "picnic of love"

PicnicOfLove.jpg

(im sure all those who have heard of this album will agree with me...since basically, this album is a joke and nothing else)

fantomas - fantomas

B00000IKTC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_AA240_.jpg

dadaist music at its best...do i need to say more?

I'd be surprised if I ran into anyone outside of a show (or the internet) who dug Nattens Madrigal.

Zweizz
Furze
Mike Patton - Songs for Adults

and a good deal of the stuff those pompous douchebags at Pitchfork yammer about (although they gave Arcade Fire's first album a 9.8, which is fairly accurate. too bad the new one was meh.)

yeah, that's the one. wow.
and we should probably add Fantomas to the list.

I went to the very first Fantomas show, at Slim's in San Francisco, in '98 or 99. everyone was excited 'cause Faith No More was, well, no more.

Then Patton comes out in a tuxedo shirt with a music stand, and starts doing this weird stop/start staccato-screaming-rant back and forth with Dave Lombardo, who was doing a similar thing on the drums, while Trey Spruance and Buzz Osbourne grinded away on their instruments, seemingly playing something else. and just like clockwork, Patton would pause to turn the page on the sheaf of music he was "reading."

I remember at the start of the show, all these kids went and lined up in the front in their brand-new Fantomas shirts, ready to hear the next version of FNM. man those kids were just sitting on the floor by the end of the second "song," looking thoroughly dejected. pretty funny.

It was also one of the loudest shows I've ever been to. Though that's now been eclipsed by the Ludicra show I saw last month, in a tiny venue with only 30 people.

I have a rare recording from 1956 called "Mushroom Ceremony of the Mazatec Indians of Mexico" and all it is is a bunch of tracks of an Indian woman singing while tripping on mushrooms.

That's pretty fucking uncommercial.

Solefald - Red For Fire An Icelandic Odyssey Pt 1.

There's like, random tracks of poetry on here. And totally discontinuous music.
Some Peter Gabriel is pretty uncommercial, stuff like THR Rhythm.
Uh... Dredg - Leitmotif
Pretty much everything Ulver's ever touched...

none of those are uncommercial at all. those are legendary black metal albums who appeal to the black metal audience...which is quite wide when you consider that these bands are known all around the world.
I HUGELY disagree with your intentions. It all depends on your view of "uncommercial".

On that note, I would also like to add Coil's "ANS", which is a 3 hour or so drone album.