Most versatile extreme metal singer?

fat bastard

Nov 19, 2004
who is the most versatile singer in extreme metal for you guys. for me its either townsend or peter but some of you will probably disagree with me for both.discuss your pick

You should REALLY have given this topic a better title, without a doubt.

I'd have to say probably Garm, even though I'm not a big fan of anything he's done besides the first Borknagar album.

Dodens Grav said:
You should REALLY have given this topic a better title, without a doubt.

I'd have to say probably Garm, even though I'm not a big fan of anything he's done besides the first Borknagar album.
i know, i need a new title? can i edit it?

I'm not sure if you can or just Moderators/Administrators can. Try to edit your first post and look around. If not, then you have a shit title, period, end of story.

Most versatile? Daniel Gildenlow, Mike Patton, and Garm.

Most weird/unique? Mr. Doctor. In fact, that goes for all genres.

Between the two you mentioned, easily Devin Townsend.

BlackMetalTyrant said:
I have no Idea, maybe Tatgren, Dying Fetus's Vocalist, and Isahn

I love Emperor but really Ishan uses two types of vocals, and his clean vocals were a work in progress for quite some time.

I'll go with Garm since he has sounded like six or seven different vocalists throughout his carrer.

He's the best singer to ever suck at writing music as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: Garm, that is.

The only vocals I like from Peter are on Bloodbath 'Nightmares Made Flesh'. The music is still a lot better than his vocals though. Personally I think his band hypocrisy is crap. I don't even like his production jobs either besides Grave 'fiendish regression' which is clear and thick as molasses. Don't remeber but he probably had something to do with the production on NMF. Dan probably made sure the production was thick so it did not turn out like over digitalized thin plastic. You can't let Peter have full control over everything. He's probably like Erik Rutan.

Back to vocalists
King Diamond
Robert Lowe
Dax Riggs
Anekke van Giersbergen
Lee Dorian
Lorin Cook
Harry Conklin
Dan Swano
Mikael Åkerfeldt

Common Dodens... you know who you're dealing with. What did you expect?

Extreme Metal vocalists suck. More points to Garm, Daniel Gildenlow, Mike Patton, and Mr. Doctor.

>_>

Death Metal's Best: Lord Worm
Black Metal's Best: Ihsahn

I'll point out again that this is the most poorly executed topic ever.

Did you even listen to electronic Ulver Dodens? Because you know, he had zero writing input in Arcturus as far as I know.

I've heard Perdition City, William Black, Svidd Neger and some other one. I don't like electronic music anyway though, so I still haven't figured out why I ever listened to it. :p