The most extreme DM?

The_Faceless_Sinner said:
Martyr is fucking amazing, but they're far from being one of the more brutal death metal bands, but its o.k considering that's not what they're about.

Damn right, Martyr rules. I'm waiting for their CDs to come in the mail. I don't know why that guy suggested them though...

Damn it people! Listen to this god damn song! Just scroll down... you'll see where you can download it.

http://www.geocities.com/anaalnathrakh/discography.html

IMMOLATION. The most brutal, technical and intense death metal band there is. :devil:

You can't go wrong with Skinless or Nile either. :heh:

I really don't understand everybody's obsession with Origin. I find them bland and generic. There's no solos and every song sounds about the same. I've, unfortunately, seen them open for a bunch of shows I've been at and found them very boring and couldn't wait for them to finish their set.
:yuk:

Darth Kur said:
IMMOLATION. The most brutal, technical and intense death metal band there is. :devil:

I really don't understand everybody's obsession with Origin. I find them bland and generic. There's no solos and every song sounds about the same. I've, unfortunately, seen them open for a bunch of shows I've been at and found them very boring and couldn't wait for them to finish their set.

IMMOLATION is not the most brutal or technical, but it's one of them, sure.
I haven't seen ORIGIN live, but the Inhumanitas album seemed to me one of the most brutal shit I've ever heard (having listened IMMOLATION for years)

One word needed: Suffocation (Pierced from Within).
They play super brutal/grind, supertechnical DM, with some groowy elements in it. They have allways been one of my favorite bands along with Deicide. And I saw them live about 5 years ago. The best live-technical act I´ve ever seen!!

Darth Kur said:

Hail Ken.. yeah Immolation is one of the greatest.. especially live..

Incantation, Suffocation are up there too..

Live Origin is quite bland.. i've seen them abotu 4 times.. good drummng yes, but they just dont have the songwriting down. Their newest CD isnt bad though, I can spin it every once in a while, but its nothing spectacular.

hmmmmmmmmm.......

Right now im going with Severe Torture and Hate Eternal (possibly one of the most intense bands i have ever heard).

It all depends on what you call Death Metal, 'Anal Bleeding' anyone?

Yeh Regorge is a good one quite different to ya usual DM....Psycroptic everyone should check out fucking brutal yet very catchy music!....Hopefully they will be getting signed to Unique Leader very soon...

Also Lykathea Aflame are ssimply amazing band(even better than Nile i think)....possibly the fastest and most brutal drumming you will ever hear, a very extreme but diverse band!!!

Gorguts - From Wisdom to Hate

Obscura makes From Wisdom to Hate sound like punk rock, Obscura is extremely techinical, the first time i listened to it it made me seasick, i think its the most technical DM album ever. FWTH is easier to listen to.

other stuff:
Cryptopsy
Nile
Immolation
Origin
Atheist
Cynic
more recent Death
Dillenger Escape Plan

How about The Necrophagist. Guys are so fucking TECHNICAL they can get a job easily in the AOL basement. Plenty o' BPMS for all you double kick junkies out there.

Another one I guess Japan's Zeni Geva. Samurai death grunts behind technical death/prog. Gotta love it!