The Most Brutal Song Ever

I've listened to every single song in this topic. Im not a brutal death metal fan at all, but I have one question ( no offense ) :

How do you find this as music ? Or even as vocals ? That guy is barely saying anything, just burpimg lol. Yet again, no offense, but it actually disgusts me.

I've listened to every single song in this topic. Im not a brutal death metal fan at all, but I have one question ( no offense ) :

How do you find this as music ? Or even as vocals ? That guy is barely saying anything, just burpimg lol. Yet again, no offense, but it actually disgusts me.

Nobody in the world likes everything, but in response to how can we call this music? because we can, Whether you listen to metal or country, someone across the world will scratch their head and wonder how you can call that music.

As much as I like technical death metal, I think that technicality actually reduces "brutality" (not that this is a bad thing), in the same way as some huge muscle bound dude doing needlepoint would be seen as less brutal as him hacking limbs off of people.

Brutality would be deeper, louder, and more simple.

Nobody in the world likes everything, but in response to how can we call this music? because we can, Whether you listen to metal or country, someone across the world will scratch their head and wonder how you can call that music.

Dude, ok, but if i listen to something I really wanna hear what that guy has to say, the messages and feelings he's sending. Maybe im not very opened minded but I really cant understand why someone would listen to this kind of music.

Dude, ok, but if i listen to something I really wanna hear what that guy has to say, the messages and feelings he's sending. Maybe im not very opened minded but I really cant understand why someone would listen to this kind of music.

The brutality lies in the complete song,from the disgust bile filled vokills to the insane drumming and sheer viciousness of the attack,this is audial warfare,there's a time and place for everything,nothing is sacred or censored in Metal,if you don't like it then just don't listen,I don't like screamo or Metalcore and there's probably a couple more subgenres i don't get into but respect peoples choices if they do,because you don't understand something,does'nt mean it's wrong...well i guess some of this music is downright wrong in a completely righteous way :puke:

Last Days of Humanity scared the beans out of me when I first heard them when I was 14 or so, back in the good old Napster days. Something about the pitch shifted vocals just makes you have to go #2 in a terrible way.

I'll try to expand upon a little of this section quoted here:
The brutality lies in the complete song,from the disgust bile filled vokills to the insane drumming and sheer viciousness of the attack,this is audial warfare

This is a good way to sum things up without getting the ANUS diatribe to follow it. Take the composition much like you would from any other genre of music: as a whole. Yes, the "verbal onslaught" may sound incoherent, but trust us, once you learn to decipher the dialect of death metal you will hear lyrics when they are actually uttered (I have to stress this point, because bands like Devourment are a terrible in this regard; throughout good chunks of their songs you may hear a lyric or two there, but the majority of the time they are using vocalizations as merely another instrument in the mix).

Now, as to that last statement, let's talk about vocalization. In most genre's, the vocals are always the damned center of attention. This is especially true of anything you will find in mainstream media and in the majority of the history of music as a whole. You will find in metal, specifically Death, Brutal Death, Funeral Doom, Black metal and Grind musicians focus specifically on a certain texture to help create a certain tonality that adds into the whole of the atmosphere of an album. Now I'm not talking about something that merely matches in key with the other instruments, but most musicians like to utilize a unique timbre that represents exactly what the band wishes to translate lyrically, emotionally and atmospherically. Example, you mentioned that Devourment actually sickens you - well that's great, because every single moment of every single song I guarantee that they are referencing things that make everyday atrocities look like a celebration of life. The vocals are representational, and should be taken as another instrument within the mix - NOT as the tool to convey to you the listener a speech telling you what the band is singing about.

Vocals, much like a bass - can be used to create leads, build into bridges or simply be there to keep rhythm. In some examples of brutal death metal you will see the bass become a sort of background of spastic leads while a guitar will keep a main rhythm, drums in turn will highlight said rhythm and add a sort of dynamism while the vocals plow along creating a drone type of effect that underscores the rest of the instruments.

Go into it trying to find something that shines; sure you may never ever like the vocals, but fuck you may love the spatial playing between the lead harmonics in one song and the chug rhythm in another. Focus on one instrument at a time and see how it plays along with the others, how it evolves through a song. Give it a serious chance, be a bit open to the new experience and see if it agrees with you at all.

I think the biggest gap to bridge for most people going from pop music to extreme metal is understanding vocals being treated as another instrument in the mix instead of the main focus with instruments merely being there for backup.

I think the biggest gap to bridge for most people going from pop music to extreme metal is understanding vocals being treated as another instrument in the mix instead of the main focus with instruments merely being there for backup.
This is true in my experience. People are always confused when I say lyrics don't make much difference to me in metal.