This is the most brutal, sickening, sca and aggressive Death Metal you will ever hear

Why is everyone forgetting their "t"s in Decapitated? Or is there some band names Decapiated that I don't know about... :eek:

Under a Stone said:
Morgoth's Resurrection Absurd is another good death metal release from Germany.

Old Morgoth is great but the latest Suffocation is pretty stand up and a lesson for all death metal bands that "try" to write qaulity grind songs.

Ivan the terrible said:
...the latest Suffocation is pretty stand up and a lesson for all death metal bands that "try" to write qaulity grind songs.

You got it, that album kicks any American DM albums ass of the past I-don't-know-how-many-years. I'm so sick of boring clones running rampant and actually making names for themselves, there needs to be a holocaust of mediocre shitty DM bands.

The first Morgoth releases were killer. (even though many of their riffs are Death rip-offs on a grand scale, but anyway...)

Guardian of Darkness said:
The new Suffocation's generic. That Morgoth ep was incredible for its time. It didn't rip off any Death :/

You can tag the new Suffocation any way you will, what matters most is that the songs are still highly enjoyable and incorporate a very nice old death metal feel to them. On the other hand, Morgoth is soooooo "Death" inspired on their pre-Cursed efforts its not even funny. Please listen to the ep's again and try to tell me that its not Scream bloody Gore or Leprosy you're listening to... :Smug:

Erik said:
Were Cemetary in their death metal phase actually any good? I've seen "An Evil Shade of Grey" getting nearly unanimously poor reviews everywhere I've looked. Is it actually worth checking out?

Highly essential if you're a fan of the old swedish death scene.

Ivan the terrible said:
You can tag the new Suffocation any way you will, what matters most is that the songs are still highly enjoyable and incorporate a very nice old death metal feel to them. On the other hand, Morgoth is soooooo "Death" inspired on their pre-Cursed efforts its not even funny. Please listen to the ep's again and try to tell me that its not Scream bloody Gore or Leprosy you're listening to... :Smug:

It's not Scream Bloody Gore or Leprosy I'm listening to. :err: Seriously, RA is very different to those releases.

Anyway, there's not much room to talk about Death, they happily ripped off various bands during their career.

the morgoth is sprinkled with pure doom sections unlike anything found on an early death record. in addition, the guitar playing is far more sophisticated(listen to the solos, in particular). the bands aren't similar.

Guardian of Darkness said:
It's not Scream Bloody Gore or Leprosy I'm listening to. :err: Seriously, RA is very different to those releases.

Anyway, there's not much room to talk about Death, they happily ripped off various bands during their career.

What??????

Death was the corner stone for death metal in Florida back in the early 90's along with Morbid Angel. I mean, Chuck might have adopted a little bit of the "Possessed" shreddig style but this is 1987 we are talking about... :hotjump: can you say "Purveyors".

Demiurge said:
the morgoth is sprinkled with pure doom sections unlike anything found on an early death record. in addition, the guitar playing is far more sophisticated(listen to the solos, in particular). the bands aren't similar.

Geez...I must be living under a rock but...

"Eternal Fall" is pretty much straight ahead in the "Leprosy" style to me.