Do you know the most agressive, extreme band ever?

I have only heard the demo album (total fucking necro) and those songs at least have riffs that practically could be thrown in anywhere on De Mysteriis. On that I base my (possibly stupid) view. Main differences are the vocals (Though on the de msyteriis cover he sounds like mighty Attila himself)and the production

I guess in that case the answer is no :D

Mortician are cool, anyone feel the ground shake at Wacken a few years ago?

Immolation are one of the heaviest bands I've seen live,when I saw them the whole building was rumbling, not obscenely heavy but I was deaf for 2 days and it was fun.

Also at Wacken, I was watching Kataklysm, but I was actually hearing Dark Funeral, they were that loud, that was a strange experience.

Sorath said:
I have only heard the demo album (total fucking necro) and those songs at least have riffs that practically could be thrown in anywhere on De Mysteriis. On that I base my (possibly stupid) view. Main differences are the vocals (Though on the de msyteriis cover he sounds like mighty Attila himself)and the production
heh ok than... uhh later Anaal Nathrakh sounds quite different to say the least...

Phrozenspite, that must mean they got worse then... Sad.

solarfall_, my claim that Mayhem gets the 'title' is based on other thing than solely the music as well - those guys walked the walk while many simply talks the talk so to speak. Of course I have never suggested that post-euro mayhem qualifies.

The only br00tal band I listen to are The Berzerker, so I nominate them...

"And there I was, with a severed head in my hand, talking to it..."

dude, i had never heard Anaal Nathrakh till right now, they just went to one of my favorite bands, very fuckin brutal!

I don't understand this obsession with being the "most brutal" or "most extreme". What does that mean anyway? There could be 4 or 5 people thrashing aimlessly on their instruments while the vocalist screams lyrics about all sorts of disturbing stuff (often done in a lame way) but would it be worthwhile as music? For example, Anal Cunt may have mildly amusing lyrics but it all gets boring pretty quick.
I'd sooner have good heavy music that invokes some kind emotion than bands that just have the one sole aim of being "extreme". I'm not knocking the bands listed because to be honest I haven't heard much of them but who really cares if they're the "most brutal" or not? As long as they're good, does it matter?

Anaal Nathrakh don't really sound like Mayhem, they are more like a mixture of noise and black metal. At least their first album was, it was sort of a parallel to what The Berzerker does for death metal (except they mix gabber instead of noise).

Disturbed4ntics said:
...Because I don't. I am just curious (nothing new), and I want to know the heaviest, hardest hitting band ever. Like, what is the most insane band that you know of?

Of course, I mean brutal...really brutal...ear bleeding brutal with the most fucked up angriest lyrics.

I really want to find this band. I have read a whole bunch of threads with people giving out different answers for the most brutal bands, but setting opinion aside, there must be one band out there that is THE epitomy(sp?) of brutal. There just has to be, right?

the most violent by far is cannibal corpse, one look at their covers makes most bands look like pussies

the fastest is either slayer, or napalm death

the heaviest is either some death metal band or something like that

it all depends on how brutal the listener or the band is willing to go, a lot of bands do some very extreme shit

ShadowOfDeath said:
the most violent by far is cannibal corpse, one look at their covers makes most bands look like pussies

the fastest is either slayer, or napalm death

the heaviest is either some death metal band or something like that

it all depends on how brutal the listener or the band is willing to go, a lot of bands do some very extreme shit
Cannibal corpse? most violent? you should look at the covers of some goregrinds bands.....

fastest slayer? get some nasum

I used to say Nile, now I say Aborted.

There are tons of brutal bands out there though, and Cannibal Corpse is nowhere close to the most extreme. I like them though. :)

Sorath, Mayhem was definitely fucking insane. They're one of my favorite black metal bands. I heard a rumor that they're coming out with a new album, do you know if that's true? I hope not. :yell:

LuminousAether, I agree with you..Anaal Nathrakh and Mayhem are completely different. When I hear AN, I hear a lot of noise/static.

Exhumed. You want brutal, go check them out. And they do their death metal way better than Anaal Nathrakh. And I just hate Disgorge...Ugh...

Being brutal for the sake of being brutal is quite a shallow take on making music. Most of these bands (Cannibal Corpse, Disgorge, etc.) lack any real artistic depth.