Motorhead/In Flames tour

Moonshield

Revenant
Nov 17, 2001
UK
Anyone been to see In Flames supporting Motorhead in the UK? I'd like to know how long they're on for and which songs they're playing.

Well, here we go, the setlist from Glasgow tonight. Basically, if you've seen In Flames in the last 2 years or so, you'll be able to guess it:

The Quiet Place
Pinball Map
System
Episode 666
Clayman
Trigger
Cloud Connected
Colony
Touch of Red
My Sweet Shadow

Don't think I missed any, and from memory, the order isn't far off correct.

This was the 4th time I've seen In Flames, and without doubt the sound tonight was the worst of the 4. Most of the songs were barely recognisable because it was so muddy-sounding. Even the older tracks - which, in my experience, sound better live because they've got more guitar melody and less in the way of powerchord riffs - sounded pretty dampened down. Not the best In Flames performance I've ever seen by any stretch of the imagination, although the crowd seemed to like it.

Given that this tour wasn't in support of any particular album, it would have been nice to see them mixing up their setlist a bit. I don't have a problem with them playing a lot of newer songs, but it would be good if it wasn't the same damn ones every time. I'd like to hear Minus, or Dark Signs, or Borders and Shading or something. Or of course, Stand Ablaze, or Dead Eternity. You'd think that, even for their own sakes, they'd change things around. It must get boring playing System every day for years. No doubt that, if I go and see them playing live in support of Come Clarity, they'll play a few new songs, and the rest of the setlist will be basically the same as the one I've listed above.

Blah blah blah, moan moan moan. In Flames are still great, I just wish they'd showcase their songs a bit more than they do.

It is pretty miserable isn't it? They were playing a shortened set because they were supporting Motorhead, but come on - why not try and convert some Motorhead fans by playing a good variety of songs? I really don't think they did themselves justice.

But hey. Have a look at the guestbook on their website. Everyone else seemed to think they were fantastic. All I can say is that they can't have seen them on previous tours.

Goddamnit, Touch of Red makes it in there again! Why do they like playing that song so much? It bores me shitless.
I also wish they'd vary it a bit. I heard they did do on a recent tour, playing stuff like The Hive, even.... but it looks like we're back to mediocrity for this tour.
I've been unfortunate enough to only have seen In Flames (2 times) supporting STYE material...I wish I'd caught them on their R2R tour - I can live with anything off R2R and before.
I totally agree, if I were them, I'd be sick of playing System every night of the tour....

Well, im seeing them tonight in Birmingham!! I kinda hope that the setlist will be abit different, but i doubt it!! Still., should be good! Its mt first time seeing them, as they usually only play London or watever!

It was great! Same setlist as above, but not in that order i dont think! Which is cool for me, coz i like alot of the new stuff! Sound was almost perfect, had a great night!

What the fuck happened to Embody The Invisible? Have they finally killed that song from their setlists?! Nooooo!! I will never get sick of that song.
It certainly beats opening with the fucking quiet place.

Devy_Metal said:
glad u had fun, but that is still a horrible setlist.

play:

jotun
zombie inc.
the hive
artifacts of the black rain
as the future repeats today
december flower

anything!!!!

I almost had a heart-attack. I read that wrong and thought THAT was the play list! :ill:

The Bringer said:
I almost had a heart-attack. I read that wrong and thought THAT was the play list! :ill:

Haha no, i dont think any of us will see that setlist again. Ive seen them four times , the first was right before R2R was released and they only play Cloud Connected and everything else was older shit. They played Gyroscope ,Episode 666 and either Morphing Into Primal or Food For The goods, i cant remember. Also played Behind Space and Moonshield. Man two weeks later R2R was released and they played mostly R2R songs. Bummer but at least I got to see them before.