Movies - no spoilers...

Oogadee Boogadee

Division drummer
Jan 23, 2004
Baltimore, MD
www.division-usa.com
So the local Hollywood video in Falls Church is still running their grand opening special of $.99 per new release 4 or 5 day rental, months after their grand opening.... Melinda and I just finished watching the three movies we rented. Here they are in my order of shit to gold.

Mystic River - i was expecting a lot more, so I was let down. Although it's always fun watching Penn do his best Pacino, which I think he does a good job of.

Terminator 3 - I was expecting little, so I was pleasantly surprised. Nothing super special, but it was funny and entertaining. A fun movie if you liked the other T movies.

Miracle - just a damn fine feel-good movie. I liked everything about it, even Kurt Russell.

Overall, 2 thumbs up, RonK's butt.

Couldn't get thru a whole post without something in someone's butt, eh, JAmes?

I loved Miracle, but I'm sentimental about hockey stuff, especially the '80 oympics. I got to see it twice in two days (Father's Day present, and then the in-flight movie Monday).

flying back, the in-flight movie was "Win a date with Tad Hamilton". Ok, that was just lame. Obviously, I'm not in the target audience of 11 year old girls, which is oddly enough, our target audience!

Anyone caught Chronicles of Riddick? Anyone other than me juiced about seeing Spidey 2?

Chronicles of Riddick wasn't bad, but mind the plot gaps - they tried too hard to juggle two threads: the current thread with the convert-or-die creeps and a previous thread leftover from Pitch Black, and they dropped a few balls. For all the effort they put into the culture-creation, though, you'd think they could put a little bit extra into the names. Necros? Furyians? sheesh.

I'm going to catch a Spidey matinee on opening day, since I already took off for a follow-up at the audiologist that morning.

I'm all about comic book movies. I'm thinking about taking a 2 hour lunch on Wednesday to check out Spidey.

I'm also stoked about Aliens vs Predator which comes out this August.

There have been mutterings over the years about a Sandman movie and there are a couple scripts floating around, but IMDB shows nothing yet. It does, however, show "Coraline" and "Good Omens" as being in production - "Coraline" is a rather twisted kids' book, and "Good Omens" is a hilarious cooperative written with Terry Pratchett.

Neil's a very very nice guy, and shockingly modest for someone of his gifts and renown. *clutches her signed copy of Preludes & Nocturnes*

I enjoyed Spidey 2, although I was surprised at how long it was. Much more character exploration this time around (although that's probably not a good word to use on this particular forum...). I also enjoyed Chronicles of Riddick, but who's to say if that's due to the movie or the fact that Vin Diesel is quite the tasty bit of eye candy? :Smokedev:

Can't wait for Alien Vs. Predator though - the preview looked way cool. I keep meaning to go see Dodgeball too, that looks hysterical. Perhaps this weekend...

I saw both Manchurian Candidates last week. The new one was more interesting and had better pacing, but the acting was better in the original, particularly Angela Lansbury, whose Shaw was overbearing and annoying without being a shrill caricature of Hillary Clinton like Meryl Streep's.

Stacia and I hit Blade:Trinity tonight. It was entertaining if not thought-provoking. Jessica Biel = still hot hot hot

Ryan Reynolds steals the movie. and no one can figure out why a 4000 year old vampire dresses like he's from the 1800's and gay

I've got American Yakuza sitting on the coffee table, waiting to be watched. Supposed to be pretty good, plus it has Viggo...