Movies

Rusty said:
Equilibrium is dull. Average acting, stupid fight scenes, and a ridiculous plot with "twists" that you could see coming a mile off. Don't bother with it.
I saw it anyway and I have to agree :erk:
The film is like a crossbreed of the Matrix and Adolf Hiltler's dream of Germania.. and everytime they said "The Father said.." I expected them to say "Führer" instead.
The main idea is not bad but the film sucks

Taliesin said:
I saw it anyway and I have to agree :erk:
The film is like a crossbreed of the Matrix and Adolf Hiltler's dream of Germania.. and everytime they said "The Father said.." I expected them to say "Führer" instead.
The main idea is not bad but the film sucks
This is proof that people should do what I say.

I'll write it down ;) But Im a curious person by nature, so :p

I watched Garden State yesterday and I loved it. Definitely one of the best films Ive ever seen

watched The Village , and it wasnt SO bad. in fact, it was quite interesting. i think the problem is people keep expecting sixth sense part 2, and its not happening.

much better than Signs, anyway

Hitori said:
watched The Village , and it wasnt SO bad. in fact, it was quite interesting. i think the problem is people keep expecting sixth sense part 2, and its not happening.

much better than Signs, anyway

Exactly my thoughts, everyone trashed it because they were expecting a horror film and dont want to admit they were idiots for building expectations from movie trailers.

I also quite enjoyed The village. Some moments were pretty intense, but not "Horror". I enjoyed the cinematography mainly.

M. Night Shyamalans unoriginality as many have called it (Colour red being significant and framing stuff oddly so there's no object and such) is just him trying hard to define himself as an auteur.

Anyone seen the new Bruce Willis movie Hostage and is it at least a good action movie, or just another run of the mill one?

And why, oh why, isn't either of our city's two theater's going to give us Sin City?

i saw o last night and enjoyed it almost exclusively because of mekhi pfeifer's superior performance (better than his role in clockers, i think... and definitely better than his role in 8 mile). josh hartnett is a darling and all that, but the story doesn't hold water. the critics went crazy over this movie and i've even read that it's supposed to be "one of the few credible adaptations of shakespeare in modern life", but i didn't find it especially credible - the dialogues were too superficial, the characters a bit empty.

tomorrow i'm going for von trier's europa trilogy, hopefully a bit deeper.

o as in othelo??? i watched bits of it but didn't really like it
some adaptations/modernizations are ok, good even... but god, there recently was an adaptation of wuthering heights for mtv... i haven't watched but just click on this:
http://www.mtv.com/onair/wuthering_heights/

if i were brontë id be writhing in my grave
why oh why

just watched the life aquatic
I like the older movies of wes anderson so I was really nervous to see his new masterpiece
as it was in the afternoon I was the only one in the cinema, so they showed no adds and I was asked how I wanted the volume, cool service
and with a good beer in my hand I enjoyed the movie
well its a little bit weird and strange for the "normal" cinemapublic but if you like interesting and bizarre characters-this is your movie
and they played even sigur ros in it, good choice of music

:lol:

@solefald
you can drink beer in the cinema??? i don't think we can, here
though I haven't been there for so long that I wouldn't know. yesterday my friends watched closer but i decided to stay in
edit: and watched it today instead

the passion of the christ. what's all the fuss about? and what's the point? i don't get it. not exactly bad, but it felt pretty pointless to me. a long torture/crucifixion scene with a prologue, or something.

i also saw eternal sunshine of the spotless mind and requiem for a dream this weekend. great, both of them, although in completely different ways.

I saw 'mean girls'. Some of my film-buff-friends said it was actually pretty good, so I gave it a chance. The only way that would have been good would have been if Neo Nazi Norton had of marched in and made the girls bite kirb for annoying me so much. "Good night mother fucker" *crunch*

I might watch '25th hour' tonight.

A lot of people liked '25th hour' a lot. I thought it was ..meh!

Delirious said:
the passion of the christ. what's all the fuss about? and what's the point? i don't get it. not exactly bad, but it felt pretty pointless to me. a long torture/crucifixion scene with a prologue, or something.
Well yeah, that's exactly what it was; it was a big scene of Jesus being killed, and the point is that he died for you. Jesus died for you, Delirious. He went through that ordeal for you. In fact, one of his last mumbled words has been argued to be: "Delirious, you prick, you better understand this someday ..because it hurt"