Movies

I watched the birds for the first time in 9 years... forgot how brillinat it was I did. It is, amazing. So queer, the way it follows this melodramatic sort of love story, and the birds attacking seems almost completely random. I'm trying to work out what it represents; Hitchcock always had something to say and was such an auteur... I feel it has to have something to do with the blonde. All I can think so far is it's about how humans are so self concerned, and we as the audience are dragged into that through the mitch/blonde/mitch-mother relationship rigmarole, and we keep things in cages, dominating and taking away animals freedom for our own pety amusement... Seems too simple though that does. The birds attacking is surreal though, but it makes it immediate and modern in the fact that there's a 10 minute debate about how birds aren't smart enough to plan attacks, and about how in all the years humans have been on this plannet, birds have too and have never attacked previously. So I wonder... Maybe it's just a damn good horror movie.

just watched vinterberg's festen. for all the hype, i'm not sure it's such a good film. it is kind of artificial.

The Bringer said:
I just watched Saw 2 last night. Man it was as disgusting as the first time I watched it... But atleast now I could watch every scene.
I just watched Saw 2 with a friend and we had to look at the threads on imdb.com to get the hang of the plot. It was so confusing to us, we thought A BUNCH OF THINGS THAT TURNED OUT TO BE INACCURATE. I think Saw I was better, but Saw 2 was more disgusting. A CERTAIN DISTURBING scene was so AAARGH! ANOTHER REALLY UNPLEASANT thing was also disgusting. But the film gives a lot of potential for a third one, doesn't it?

hmm you know, if you're going to talk about STUFF THAT OUGHT TO BE PROPERLY TAGGED AS SUCH maybe you should put a little sign that says "spoiler", just for those who haven't seen it ;)

just saw King Kong, and surprisingly, I did like it

Blitzkrieg Pajo said:
I just watched Saw 2 with a friend and we had to look at the threads on imdb.com to get the hang of the plot. It was so confusing to us, we thought A BUNCH OF THINGS THAT TURNED OUT TO BE INACCURATE. I think Saw I was better, but Saw 2 was more disgusting. A CERTAIN DISTURBING scene was so AAARGH! ANOTHER REALLY UNPLEASANT thing was also disgusting. But the film gives a lot of potential for a third one, doesn't it?

Yeah, it was abit confusing for me too. Seeing it a second time really helped clear some things up. It's really nice to watch the first one right before watching the second one too since they are linked together so well.

I can't wait to see what's done with the third one.

well, THINGS YOU POSTED BEFORE THE MODERATOR DESCENDED LIKE A BEACON OF CLEANSING LIGHT FROM THE SKIES seem spoilerish to me

should i now spoil SOME MORE FOR ALL THE UNFORTUNATE SOULS WHO ARE NOW FROTHING AT THE MOUTH IN BADLY-SUPPRESSED ANGER? ;)

YES IT'S TRUE, APPALLING VIEWS OF DEATH BEFALL THE SIGHT OF THE AUDIENCE.

Someone should kindly delete all the spoilers. :p

The other day i watched "Lolita" (1997 with Jeremy Irons), i thought it was beautifully made.
Yesterday i watched a greek military comedy "Loufa kai parallagh: Seirhnes sto Aigaio" which is currently out in the theatres. It was (kind of) the sequel of an old comedy in the same style. It was extremely funny, very good work form the actors and director, and great realistic dirty talk. :D

all posts with possible spoilers edited. this forum needs a
rollover tag. for the time being, post obvious spoilers to recent movies in a color that blends in with the background.

Hitori said:
well, THINGS YOU POSTED BEFORE THE MODERATOR DESCENDED LIKE A BEACON OF CLEANSING LIGHT FROM THE SKIES seem spoilerish to me

:lol: :lol: :lol:

@siren: i liked the kubrick version better than the remake, although irons is an enthralling actor.

:lol: brilliant edits.

@hyena: i haven't watched the kubrick version yet, but now i must. ;)
i found this version to be quite poetic in some ways, dunno if you agree with me?

The last three movies I have seen:

Howl's Moving Castle: After all the trouble I went through when I had to collect a list of 55 people before the local movie-theater bothered to show the version with the original voices intact instead of the Finnish dub, the movie itself was a small letdown. It is a very good romantic fantasy-anime with all the typical Studio Ghibli magical elements - but I'd just hoped it to be something more. Compared to the two previous movies by Hayao Miyazaki, it lacks the depth of Princess Mononoke and the enchantment of Spirited Away.

The Descent: A claustrophobic horror-movie. Very well made and with a great cast, probably one of the best movies in its genre. Yet, I've never been a big fan of horror.

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence: Finally got to see this masterpiece on the big screen - and damn it looks and sounds great! Not only that, but the movie is extremely well directed and the exaggerated amount of (semi-)philosophical quotes from just about any person who ever wrote anything actually kind of fits the pondering style very well. I know some people hate the movie for its dialogue, but I found it equally amusing and thought-provoking at the same time. One of the best anime-movies I have ever seen and together with Oldboy the best movie I've seen this year. Sin City receives the third place.

-Villain