Movies

For that matter, I still prefrer The Dark Knight Returns by far, not to mention Neil Gaiman's comics, which kick the shit out of Moore's by long long miles.

As much as I like TDKR I still prefer Watchmen over it.

In any case, the best writer today is Warren Ellis.
Transmetropolitan alone blows any other comic out of the water.

I've just got Miller's Sin City and A Dame To Kill For, not sure any longer if that's the original, but it's some fat paperbacks with an original cover as I was told (searched online, but didn't find the ones I have).

Cool.

I have the whole collection consisting of seven comic books. Family Values and Hell And Back are my favorites.

The Mummy: Tomb Of Jet Lis Career
And you thought the new Indiana Jones was bad, these guys show that they
can out crap even the crappiest Indiana Jones any day of the week.
And to imagine that Jet Li has been in good movies back in the day, now he
has to degrade himself on crap like that, hope he at least got a good money.

Don't Mess With The Zohan
Has Adam Sandler actually made any good movies since Happy Gilmore?
I don't fucking think so. I think I laughed like once during this movie and even
that joke was taken too far after I did.

Indiana Jones & Tarzan
WoW. Never thought they could make Indiana Jones that sucks, but they did
manage it, I guess greed really does rule the world. Tho I must say that Ford
is still good in the movie... He's just a bit too Superman at times, but I guess
that was not up to him. I seriosly hope they are not going thru with the plan
to make a 5th one, cos let's face it, I'd rather watch The Mummy (the 1st
one) than this one and that's saying quite a bit.
Oh and let it be known that Shiia LeBuff eats as much cock as any gay man
in San Francisco during the love parade.

The Love Guru
This movie was actually so bad an unfunny the first 20min that I had to stop
watching, it was about on par with Zohan up to that point and well, that is
nothing to brag about.

LaBeouf can eat as much cock as he wants, playing with those trademark face expressions, but he's good at times. Better him that Frankie Muniz, anyway *shrug*

Children of Men

Reading all the praises some time ago, I still believed that it was some Mexican trash (come on - the guy shot Potter movie, and they all suck... cuz I've seen all of them =/) even though Owen is one of my favorite actors, but - Jesus fucking Christ! - it turned to be one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Homerun shots - I didn't know they were still shooting movies like that.

I find it laughable that almost none of you are able to offer an opinion ( sometimes at all ) without taking a personal jab against me first. You think it reflects poorly on me but its the other way around.

The reason for that may or may not have something to do with the fact that you open your posts with such endearing lines as "Fuck you, asshole".

And I'm pretty sure that Matse was joking.

The reason for that may or may not have something to do with the fact that you open your posts with such endearing lines as "Fuck you, asshole".

And I'm pretty sure that Matse was joking.

a) Well fuck you bitch, now I have to follow some rules on how to start my posts?

b) Im pretty sure Matse can be that stupid without it being a joke so its irrelevant.

c) Stay the fuck gone.

a) Well fuck you bitch, now I have to follow some rules on how to start my posts?

You and everyone else.

Forum Rules said:
[...]what's not tolerated:

*Trolling

By this we mean systematically and preposterously flaming threads, topics, or forum users, especially through low-content and offensive messages.

Your past message contains:

- insults directed at 2 forum members;
- offensive language;
- no other content.

Hehe shit come on Rahvin. I know you gotta play good cop but fuck unless you somehow remove my entire post count whats it gonna solve anyway? Please Hyena so she stays for 2 extra days before this place fucking dies again anyway?

Fine remove the only interesting things that go on in this place go ahead, hehehehehe

^ folie de grandeur

Back on topic ...
I usually don't care for any movie about war, I think they glorify it most of the time?
As its too hot here(WV) to do much outside in the daytime went to see 'Tropic Thunder', its a movie within a movie
I guess I've changed my mind about things and now find war can be funny as hell
I laughed my ass off, last night as I was trying to sleep kept thinking about parts of it and was laughing so much I could not sleep. I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise but he is great in his cameo for this film.
Many fine (funny) performances in Topic Thunder but for me Robert Downey Jr was A#1 -
Recommended -

Back on topic ...
I usually don't care for any movie about war, I think they glorify it most of the time?
As its too hot here(WV) to do much outside in the daytime went to see 'Tropic Thunder', its a movie within a movie
I guess I've changed my mind about things and now find war can be funny as hell
I laughed my ass off, last night as I was trying to sleep kept thinking about parts of it and was laughing so much I could not sleep. I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise but he is great in his cameo for this film.
Many fine (funny) performances in Topic Thunder but for me Robert Downey Jr was A#1 -
Recommended -

I'll prolly see it, as I have nothing to do - loaded with games and movies, but need to leave the apartment eventually.

Finally acquired taste for De Niro movies (and gangster flicks overall): Godfather (all three), Goodfellas, watched Analyze This last night, have Taxi Driver lying around. On the otehr hand lost taste for all stupid shit like Viva la Bam... damn, I'm growing old! Scouting entire Police Academy now :)

If you want De Niro stuff, "Deer Hunter" is a must. Not a gangster movie but still, awesome.

@ La Rocque:

Here's a few war Movie recommendations (you probably have seen them already):

Paths of Glory
Dr. Strangelove (indirect, this is about the Cold War and Nuclear warfare in general)
All Quiet on The Western Front - This one I highly recommend since it's one the few war movie that was made prior to WWII... Offers a very different and interesting perspective, it's the horror of war as seen by the soldiers of WWI and not "tainted" by the Holocaust...

Larry Clark's Bully. Awesomeness. Especially as I have been meaning to write a short story in exactly the same vein for a while, but well, he made a movie first. :p

If you're even remotedly interested in the broad subject of unfairness, watch this movie.

Ok, so the latest 4 movies I've seen are here.

Tropic Thunder
What a snore fest, even Jack Black can't save it.
And this is supposedly one of the funnies movies of 2008.

Step Brothers
Read above -Jack Black comment.

Death Race
Pretty much 100 times better than I expected, not a great movie, but
fun for one time watching.
Best comment I've heard of this movie: Jason Statham is like english
Vin Diesel, except he doesn't suck.

War, inc.
This was the best comedy of 2008 and no one has it even as a contender,
I guess no one is a moron.
Cusack is great and did like everything in this movie, he wrote it, stars in it
and produced it, talk about faith in your abilities and hell, this movie is funny.
I was actually surprised how funny this was considering it was hyped on
some channel and all they had was Hilary Duff hyping it, which, well, was sad.

Watched Requiem for a Dream. Have no idea whether that was an unrated version... I guess not, as I got it via PSN. Still, heard so much about it (more often about in context of amputation, actually), well, it didn't disappoint; pretty cool flick about addiction and quite expected ending.

Great montage, of course.

I always take my drugs in moderation. Fucking stupid kids...