MP3 battle part.1: Atrox vs Unmoored

download and vote for the best track

• Atrox

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Unmoored

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That Unmoored track really gets my balls itchy :Spin: .. great stuff !!!

Just got the promo from Michele yesterday from both bands .. will have to go into some detailed listening to them later on today.

But first some barbecue and beer :hotjump:

Lurch, do you really hear some "Morbid Angel vibe" in the Unmoored album?

Yes ... still have not heard the whole CD, just a few tracks but the opening track definetelly has the intensity of early MA. I think it's the subtle keyboard undertones ... also early NOCTURNUS comes to mind.

that's interesting... personally I see a mix between Edge Of Sanity and Dimmu Borgir... nothing from the "US-Death Metal" at all... anyone out there with a different interpretation of the Unmoored sound?

Both of the songs are awesome in their respective genre. Talk about opposition of styles :loco:
But my heart beats for Atrox since their debuts and so will my vote go to them as well...

Emi, are you gonna sign the guys singing the AC Milan official hymn? :saint:

I just listened to the whole UNMOORED CD and it freaking shreds ... they were one of my favorites on the Better Undead than Alive compilation too ...

There is almost no bad songs on this one. My faves, UNSPEAKABLE GRIEF, PHASE OF REVULSION (awesome), SPIT FORTH FROM FAILIURE (some interesting Burzum like riffing in certain parts of this one) and FINAL STATE PART III (a melodic piece, with Christian outdoing himself in the vocal department here)

A new record for me to rave about ... very fucking cool release!

ATROX, musically is an awesome band, for some reason a mixture of DREAM THEATER and PRIMUS comes to mind, but Monika's vocals just don't do it for me. Those atmospheric wails in the middle of instrumental passages are a little overdone and make some tracks very similar to one another. She sounds a little forced to me ( I am sure that you will have me by the balls for this one Emi ) ... but I can certainly see why some people will dig her.

It's great you liked Unmoored so much! it's an AMAZING album in my opinion, and even if I guess I'm the only one here at code666 to like 'em so much ;) I know we'll do great with that record!

Atrox is a more "code666ish" album, weird, sometimes ugly, sometimes fantastic... I'm sure that there will be many fans ADORING that cd and even more people hating it...

... but judging from the actual poll result, it seems that Atrox has more fans than I expected :) maybe our long and patient work to promote weird, talented band is showing the first results...

Atrox is a more "code666ish" album, weird, sometimes ugly, sometimes fantastic... I'm sure that there will be many fans ADORING that cd and even more people hating it...

you guys surely know how to divide the troops that is for sure :tickled:

your bands are definetelly the "love them or hate them" variety. there really is no middle ground of "i kind of like them" ... which is why you guys will be huge one day :D

lurch70 said:
you guys surely know how to divide the troops that is for sure :tickled:

your bands are definetelly the "love them or hate them" variety. there really is no middle ground of "i kind of like them" ... which is why you guys will be huge one day :D

that's our goal (to divide the troops), there's no point in doing music to please everyone... it's not music, it's like to sell bananas. the only way to do something good for music, is to produce good music... seems obvious but it isn't.