MP3 Players... The Poll

Which one of the four describes your use of MP3 Players?

• I have an MP3 Player... and you can have it over my dead body!

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • I have an MP3 Player... somewhere.

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • I don't have an MP3 Player.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • What's an MP3 Player? Does it have something to do with the interweb?

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
I have a NOMAD Zen Extra 40gig. I was looking into an ipod, but at the time 30gig ipods were near $100 more than the Creative Labs Nomad. I've been a Creative Labs customer for years so they got my money.

Only disadvantage is there's everything in the world for ipods and I'm having trouble replacing a leather case for my Nomad. But hey, $100 is $100 in my book.

My vote was 'dead body'. I use mine at work a lot and also can use it as a good backup when I'm DJing clubs and whatnots.

General Zod said:
Sounds like you need to do more shoulder, bicep and tricep work, until that 30GB iPod is no longer too big for your arm.:loco:

Zod

Actually it's the other way around... the little armband won't go around my massive guns. :kickass:

I have one, but I rarely use it!

I actually use my diskman way more.. I have so many CDs that are not uploaded into the computer... I'd rather just listen to them on the portable CD player...

I bought the 30 GB IPOD a few months ago. Love it so far. Can't seem to figure out how to do Mpegs on it yet, not that I need it for that , I guess I'll check that side of it out soon enough.

Bear

edgeofthorns said:
I understand, but that's where my weirdness comes in! I like to have the actual CD, artwork, jewel case when I go to listen to something. By not doing so, it's like making copies of your favorite books using a Zerox and shelving the book. I have issues....:erk:
i feel the same way.

and it ain't an issue for me, i think gyms are bogus

TheWhisper said:
I carry around a turntable...fuck cds & mp3 players.

Old School bitches...:headbang:

There ya go, too funny!

I have a 30gb Video iPod and love it, tons of songs and vids on it
already and only used up 4gb's so far, cool...

VenomGA said:
i listen to my iPod everyday, all day at work!
This is me too. Mine goes EVERYWHERE with me. I don't even know where the CD case is for my car because I just put all my CDs on my MP3 player as soon as I get them and use it in my car! I lost it, awwww :(

TAYLOR HICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OW!!!!!!!!!

Bear said:
I bought the 30 GB IPOD a few months ago. Love it so far. Can't seem to figure out how to do Mpegs on it yet, not that I need it for that , I guess I'll check that side of it out soon enough.
There are tools out there you can get that will convert most forms of video to the proper size/format needed by the iPod.

Zod

:headbang:
I have a Creative Labs 40 gb and I use it everyday. Makes the long work commute much more tolerable! Thanks to Tess for loading up lots of good stuff on there for me too. I have no idea how to do it, so thankfully she is there to help :saint:

I disconnected the stereo in my jeep, and use my iPod solely by running it to an equalizer then amplifier. I don't think I could ever go back to being limited by CDs.

I've got a Rio Volt, kinda like a cd walkman, but plays MP3 cds as well.
4 cds, and I have more than enough tunes to listen to while working, working out, or flying... I'll eventually get on the I-pod bandwagon, but there's too many bills in queue to do that just yet......

J-Dubya

Dead body. I have a 4 GB iPod mini that I use for listening to music while at home, in the car, and at the gym – and also for listening to Spanish language conversational tapes.

I just wish I’d picked up a 6 GB mini before they were discontinued. I love the small size of my mini – but it's completely full. Every time I buy a new CD and want to add stuff, I have to find something else to delete. (I guess the upside is that my iPod will never have any “filler” – just my 850 MOST favorite songs.)

Don’t know why Apple hasn’t come out with a Nano with a little more memory.

Yippee38 said:
I've got a Rio Forge, and had a Rio Sport before that. I used to use them daily when I ran. The Sport got soaked when I ran in a thunderstorm, and it never worked afterward. Shortly after I got the Forge, I stopped running and switched to cycling (running is too hard on the knees for somebody my size). Cycling while listening to tunes is dangerouns as hell, so now I pretty much only use it when I shovel snow.

BTW, I've got 33+Gb of mp3s that I ripped from all of the CDs I own. No pirated mp3s. I use CDex to rip them, so it doesn't cost me anything but time. Now that I've got my whole collection on mp3, when I get new CDs, I rip them right away. I'm in the process of updating the ID3 tags (using ID3-Tagit) to add the album covers to the mp3s. That way, when I play them on my PC with Winamp, I get the album covers.

Can i use that ID3 tag program to change the tag in more than one mp3 at the time? I use iTunes to change them but it takes too long.

I have a 5th generation 60GB ipod, even though i thought the video capability wasn't that cool i changed my mind when i figured how to play the videos and photos on any TV, now that know that my ipod is pretty much a portable "DVD player" and an external HDD than i use to carry large programs,games,etc.

SavaNanny said:
:headbang:
I have a Creative Labs 40 gb and I use it everyday. Makes the long work commute much more tolerable! Thanks to Tess for loading up lots of good stuff on there for me too. I have no idea how to do it, so thankfully she is there to help :saint:
What can I say? I'm a control freak ;)