MP3 players

Keenan

Crippling Self Doubt
Apr 9, 2009
Florida
Inspired by some posts in the Now Playing thread, this thread is for questions, suggestions, and general conversations about MP3 players and (to a lesser extent I suppose) headphones.

My MP3 player, an 8GB Sansa Fuze just recently died on me. That damn thing was absolutely awesome until it died out of the blue a few days ago. I still have no idea why or how it did either, it just stopped and won't turn back on anymore. :(

Anyone have any good recommendations for a new one? I don't need one that plays videos, as I don't even bother watching them on something that small, so that's not a factor. I don't like iPods and I HATE iTunes, so none of those either.

I BROUGHT MY MP3 PLAYER BACK FROM BEYOND THE VEILS OF DEATH. ALL IS WELL. :lol:

Apparently the problem I had is easily remedied by holding the power button on for 30 seconds then plugging it in. :lol:

Regardless, let the thread continue!

My first one was a half-gig Sandisk one. Damn thing lasted me four years before I upgraded to my current one. I swear, if that old thing has the size of my current one I never woulda bought a new one. I never had problems with it.

I have had a shitty 4gig for like 4 years. I'm always struggling with space but the damn thing cost me 20€ and still works like a charm so I'm not complaining...

Mp3 players are probably the best invention since sliced bread.

to be brutally honest I've never used an Mp3 player.
I play all my discs on a conventional Cd-Player.. I probably should save all my music to Mp3 anytime. (for the case that something gets lost etc..)

I've got a 30 gigabyte Zune that I absolutely love. I bought it a couple years ago refurbished and have not experienced any problems with it. I think Microsoft is discontinuing the Zune though so I'm not sure whether it would be a good idea to buy one.
I also really enjoy the Zune software, especially the way it allows you to organize your music. The Zune marketplace is cool, but it does have some problems that make it not user friendly at all. I have a zune pass so for $15.00 a month I get unlimited downloads and listens to anything in the Zune catalog, plus 10 songs I can buy/keep each month permanently. I haven't bought anything other than the 10 songs I get for free each month because purchasing music is more convoluted and complex then it should be.

Any other Zune users on here? My tag is zerosignal23 if you want to add me as a friend.

I started with a 128 mb mp3 player :lol: then I bought an ipod but like keenan said, itunes sucks so hard. since the ipod I haven't used a real mp3 player. now I use my phone to listen to music and it's perfect. I have everything in one device. I have 4gb now and that's more than enough

I have an IPod, but I'm going to get a Mobile CD Player to put some use to the albums I buy (plus, instant listening when I buy them!). May consider getting a zune when I have the money.

I have an 80GB iPod at the moment and before than I had a 30GB one, before I bought my original iPod the comments I received were a mixed bag, I had people say to me "oh, iPods are shit man, never get one!" and I had people say "don't listen to the people who say iPods are shit man, they're the best mp3 players on the market, get one!" Anyway, I got one and never had any beef with it.

Apart from once, when I had to pay for the headphone jack to be replaced, but that wasn't the iPod's fault, it was mine. Using headphones with a big jack which seemed to (over time) damage the jack, maybe from me having it in my pocket and whatever. I don't know. I'm ranting now. I like iPod's, that's all.

Oh and I don't like iTunes either, but I only ever use it for putting music onto my iPod ... when I'm at home I only listen to CDs and vinyl, YO.