Mr. V is 29?

herbalist

New Metal Member
Jul 17, 2003
Bucharest, Romania
Visit site
How old are you, Mr. V? You said in an interview that you were involved in music for 20 years, but you dont look 35, and that's lyrics from 2000:

26 years have past since it first
called my name.
And when I'm dead, this piece of
jewellery will still remain.

Are they personal? are you really 29?

I'm a bit drunk now.. if i write crap, just delete the post

yep..I'm 29....and been into music for about 20 years..actually it's longer..got my first drumkit at 5-6 something

mr V

Not that anyone cares, but i got a drumset when i was 5, it was rediculous, it was from like the 60s, it was just a bass drum, snare drum with terrible snares on it, floor tom, ride cymbal and hihat. I still have the ride (it was actually in decent shape) but i picked up a guitar at age 10, liked it a hell of a lot more, and took it much more seriously so since then ive been a guitar player not a drummer. True story

Experience isn't everything. I played guitar on an almost daily basis for 5 or 6 years, and I'm still quite horrible. Yow.

cddisc.gif
Nightwish -- Century Child -- Beauty of the Beast
/* random quote */
Breeding Death

I got my first drum set when I was about -34 years old:lol:
My dad still has it too....and now I've got my own much bigger one.
Well, if he uses all of his drums its a 9 piece, but he keeps it at a 6 piece, since he plays to rock and oldies.
I keep mine at an 8 piece w/ a double pedal for \m/
:D

FailingAcension said:
I got my first drum set when I was about -34 years old:lol:
My dad still has it too....and now I've got my own much bigger one.
Well, if he uses all of his drums its a 9 piece, but he keeps it at a 6 piece, since he plays to rock and oldies.
I keep mine at an 8 piece w/ a double pedal for \m/
:D

Im not a fan of a double pedal personally, i like the 2 bass drums, then again due to martial arts and stuff, my right leg is like 30 times stronger than my left one, and i just find it easier to keep my feet steady with 2 bass drums and not having to use the extra force of moving the arm and all that good physics garbage. Thats just me though, i know kids that swear by double pedals. Give me 2 monsterous bass drums any day though.

iAMtheblackwizards said:
due to martial arts and stuff, my right leg is like 30 times stronger than my left one.

Well, then you're just not training right! :) Spend the next year training in the opposite stance.

Nah, I've got the same problem... causes problems on long bike rides.

:hotjump:

cddisc.gif
nothing
/* random quote */
"I should emphasize that just because our Irish friends start their summer earlier does not mean Ireland gets warmer earlier. The cruel truth is that it never gets warm in Ireland, which has one of the most dismal climates on earth."
-Cecil Adams

iAMtheblackwizards said:
Im not a fan of a double pedal personally, i like the 2 bass drums, then again due to martial arts and stuff, my right leg is like 30 times stronger than my left one, and i just find it easier to keep my feet steady with 2 bass drums and not having to use the extra force of moving the arm and all that good physics garbage. Thats just me though, i know kids that swear by double pedals. Give me 2 monsterous bass drums any day though.
Well dude, I would get 2 basses if I had the money! I'm hoping to get a new set next year. 8 Piece Pearl Export Select. I'll break apart my AXIS when that happens. (AXIS can do that :cool: )

Thanx guys! I already have an expansion Pearl Export 10" and 14" tom. So what I'll do is I'll get a regular 5 piece Pearl Export and then just buy one extra bass drum instead of the double bass expansion kit since I've already got the extra toms. It'll be cheaper that way, so I'll do that, unless I get a raise next year.:p It'll be next year for sure since this summer I've already spent over $700 (waaaaaaaaay too much) on renovating my drum set. ;)

FailingAcension said:
Thanx guys! I already have an expansion Pearl Export 10" and 14" tom. So what I'll do is I'll get a regular 5 piece Pearl Export and then just buy one extra bass drum instead of the double bass expansion kit since I've already got the extra toms. It'll be cheaper that way, so I'll do that, unless I get a raise next year.:p It'll be next year for sure since this summer I've already spent over $700 (waaaaaaaaay too much) on renovating my drum set. ;)

Yeah, its a good thing you listened to me, since i come from a hevaily jewish background, i know how to be cheap at all times :lol:

Nah the truth is i just spend like 98% of my money on musical equipment and i always do a bit of looking around before i buy anything, and thats when i happened to see the expansion kit dealy at musiciansfriend

Thats what I use most of the time too! I've got nwe drumheads coming in today from there! But sometimes I use drumcentral. but i'm a big musicans frinds supporetre. sorry, i'm kinda doped up on pain meds.
dumb wisdom teeth

Wow... a lot of drumers here... Nice to see that... If I had the dexterity to play the drums, I would... But right now I'm planing to play the guitar.

Oh, and also lots of doped and drunk people in here! Hehehehe :D

Vintersorg said:
yep..I'm 29....and been into music for about 20 years..actually it's longer..got my first drumkit at 5-6 something

mr V

When is your birthday? :D