Mr.V

No you're not. If you're ever in Oslo I'll buy you a beer. Or two... I owe you for drawing me and my biggest fan (mr sheep). I might even introduce you to some friends of mine whom I know you adore (well, if they are in town).

Does mr sheep have a name?

Well I don't know anyone who has travelled to Oslo so I couldn't get any recommendations for a decent hostel there, all I got as some over expensive Hotels from a few friends there. The hostel we found in Bergen is around £15 a night, which is perfect for us. If we could find a hostel in Oslo for a similar price then it'd be nice since I would like to stay there for at least a proper day.

I've been to Oslo :) .

http://hihostel.com/dba/hostel042001.en.htm

That was a very nice hostel, met a couple of metal-heads actually. Opeth fanboys :p .

And I also met this cool guy called Knut.

I was happy because he was happy because I pronounced his name correctly :lol: :p .

Here are some nice pics that I took when I was in Norway:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephy/2234449244/

^ That one was on top of a mountain in Oslo :) . I basically took the train/metro/whatever going up and got off at the last stop. There was a fancy restaurant, I got lost, I got into a fight with a waitress over a cup of hot-cocoa ( :p ), and fell a few times (nearly broke my leg hehehe :loco: ).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephy/2234449250/

^ There was a tiger in the middle of Oslo! In Winter! o_O . That's the train-station in the background.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephy/2234449254/

^ Finally, this is a pic of me on top of a mountain on the way to Bergen. It's really fucking cool to see how it all becomes whiter, even more when it was awfully hot and with barely any snow at all when I was in Europe. I mean, during my whole trip it only snowed in Oslo! 15 days after I had arrived!
:yuk:

Hope you liked the pics :) .

If you are staying in Oslo, don't stay at "Ellingsen Pensjonat". I'm banned there for drinking a bit in the room before seeing Metallica last summer. Also, they stole some crap from a friend of mine.

I've been to Oslo :) .

http://hihostel.com/dba/hostel042001.en.htm

That was a very nice hostel, met a couple of metal-heads actually. Opeth fanboys :p .

And I also met this cool guy called Knut.

I was happy because he was happy because I pronounced his name correctly :lol: :p .

Here are some nice pics that I took when I was in Norway:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephy/2234449244/

^ That one was on top of a mountain in Oslo :) . I basically took the train/metro/whatever going up and got off at the last stop. There was a fancy restaurant, I got lost, I got into a fight with a waitress over a cup of hot-cocoa ( :p ), and fell a few times (nearly broke my leg hehehe :loco: ).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephy/2234449250/

^ There was a tiger in the middle of Oslo! In Winter! o_O . That's the train-station in the background.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephy/2234449254/

^ Finally, this is a pic of me on top of a mountain on the way to Bergen. It's really fucking cool to see how it all becomes whiter, even more when it was awfully hot and with barely any snow at all when I was in Europe. I mean, during my whole trip it only snowed in Oslo! 15 days after I had arrived!
:yuk:

Hope you liked the pics :) .

Thank you so much! The prices for that place seem pretty perfect for us. But since we were planning to go to Oslo for the Norwegian National Day on May 17th, the Hostels seem booked up. Might just change the date, I'm sure Owen won't mind missing it too much.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

No problem :).

I really recommend visiting the Nesebled (Nosebleed :p) store, it's basically bloody amazing...and they have 2 stores now! :headbang:

Really, the amount of (mostly used) items is incredible, check their page!

http://www.neseblodrecords.com/

I gave the guy an Iron Maiden tour T-shirt in exchange of Enslave's Eld :p .

I'm sure Asgeir has been there a few times :) .

Concerning the hostel in Oslo, the "dorm" type of room is still available, you shall hurry up and reserve that; it's a nice Hostel with a nice view and good prices for Norsk standards :).

Concerning the one in Bergen, I went to one (the only one I think) and nearly had to spend the night outside because they closed at 15:00 ! ! ! .
That was in winter, I'd reckon they would open till late in teh summer :).

Oh, and when going to Bergen, take a raincoat and/or umbrella. It fucking rains a lot. When I was there I was taking to a lady and she said it had been raining non-stop for 375 days!!!!

I also recommend taking a water-proof suitcase, you don't want your precious Metal belongings to get wet (as it happened to me...my poor SOPOR book and Maiden poster! :cry: :erk: :cry: ).

Well the only money I'll be taking to spend will be for food, drinks and maybe a few souvenirs. I'll check it out anyway just in case I run into any fairly rare stuff though. Owen is fluent in Norwegian so he's just been running around checking various hostels and transport and stuff. The Hostels you recommended are the best options so far, only problem is they're so far from the City Centre, but we don't mind that too much anyway and I can't image there being any closer ones that are cheaper. So I think that might be our choice.

Just going to sort out our tickets for ProgPower and Paganfest and then we'll get around to booking our trip to Norway and when to go. It's either May or I'd have to wait till August because Owen will be getting a job for June and July. :(

Isjungfrun said:
Well the only money I'll be taking to spend will be for food, drinks and maybe a few souvenirs. I'll check it out anyway just in case I run into any fairly rare stuff though. Owen is fluent in Norwegian so he's just been running around checking various hostels and transport and stuff. The Hostels you recommended are the best options so far, only problem is they're so far from the City Centre, but we don't mind that too much anyway and I can't image there being any closer ones that are cheaper. So I think that might be our choice.

Just going to sort out our tickets for ProgPower and Paganfest and then we'll get around to booking our trip to Norway and when to go. It's either May or I'd have to wait till August because Owen will be getting a job for June and July.

Ok, I'm glad I helped! :)

Anyway, it's not that far from the City Centre. The bus took like 15 min I reckon, and I only took it because it was winter and it was dark by 17 :rolleyes: . Since you're going in Sommer and there'll be light till around 23, it'd be nice to walk and see the scenery (aka crazy Norwegian girls pissing in the street. Oh wait, that was in Bergen :lol: ).

No problem :).

I really recommend visiting the Nesebled (Nosebleed :p) store, it's basically bloody amazing...and they have 2 stores now! :headbang:

Really, the amount of (mostly used) items is incredible, check their page!

http://www.neseblodrecords.com/

I gave the guy an Iron Maiden tour T-shirt in exchange of Enslave's Eld :p .

I'm sure Asgeir has been there a few times :) .

Yes! Neseblod is awesome, but it was a bit too full of awesome stuff when I was there. Searching through the shirts was just impossible.

Well if it's not far walking distance then I'll be happy to walk rather than get a bus or taxi (anything that doesn't require money is good in my books). Only bus I'm guessing we'll need to get is the bus from the airport to the City Centre. And since I will be checking out Oslo's nightlife, it'd be good to be able to get back to the hostel at night without too much trouble (like in the UK, Buses stop running at midnight and it's impossible for me to get home). I think our main plan is to just arrive in Oslo during the day, go out all night, then the following day spend time checking out Museums and scenery and various other "boring" stuff then get the train to Bergen throughout the night and spend a little longer in Bergen. Still got some time before we need to sort it out though.

Yes! Neseblod is awesome, but it was a bit too full of awesome stuff when I was there. Searching through the shirts was just impossible.

I totally agree! Damn. i spent like half of my time in Oslo in that damn shop! :Smug: And I didn't even check out the shirts... :Smug: .

Isjungfrun said:
Well if it's not far walking distance then I'll be happy to walk rather than get a bus or taxi (anything that doesn't require money is good in my books). Only bus I'm guessing we'll need to get is the bus from the airport to the City Centre. And since I will be checking out Oslo's nightlife, it'd be good to be able to get back to the hostel at night without too much trouble (like in the UK, Buses stop running at midnight and it's impossible for me to get home). I think our main plan is to just arrive in Oslo during the day, go out all night, then the following day spend time checking out Museums and scenery and various other "boring" stuff then get the train to Bergen throughout the night and spend a little longer in Bergen. Still got some time before we need to sort it out though.

Yeah I believe it's within walking distance, it'll be like a 45min walk I reckon.

I'm sure you'll go see the Viking museum, it's really cool. The best thing is that they have like 3 complete viking ships! Simply awesome :kickass: .

Oh yes do take the train to Bergen, it's simply amazing!

It reminds me of this song...

Eg høyrde vindsuset kalle meg
Oppi fjellet oppi fjellet
Den tok meg vekk i fra folksom gard

Og om dykk ikkje har hørt det før
Eg blir i Norgesland eg til eg dør

Ja, berg og gråstein det eter vi
Vi skjems av blåmenn, vi går i hi

:headbang:

Guess which band is it? :) Putting the lyrics in Google is cheating guys :yuk: .

You guys are making me wanna go to Norway even more.

But I will next year!

Yeah, Norge is awesome. One of my fave places of all Europe, probably only topped by Brussels and Basel :headbang: .

Norge is great because IMO it has a perfect balance between technology and nature, and I am a nature-fanboy and a tech-freak so I felt really, really good when I was there :Spin:

Yeah, Norge is awesome. One of my fave places of all Europe, probably only topped by Brussels and Basel :headbang: .

Norge is great because IMO it has a perfect balance between technology and nature, and I am a nature-fanboy and a tech-freak so I felt really, really good when I was there :Spin:

I've never travelled much of Europe yet, only place I've really been to is Eindhoven in The Netherlands and then we went to a small town on the German border (I don't consider my trip to Wacken to really be anything). I hope Norway is as nice as The Netherlands, I've heard both bad and good stuff about there but I'm sure the same can be said about anywhere you really go.

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood: It's Storm - Oppi Fjellet.

And about Norway, we Norwegians usually come off as quite rude and cold, but don't worry, we don't hate you, we just don't want to speak to you on the bus.