Mr. Wu

ThraxDude said:
I know that I'll be playing with myself more often than getting laid.
But that's just the way it is.

That's the way it is with everyone, even with the ones who date hotties.

Well not sucking up here but seriously ... I AM JUST ONE HAPPY FAN that is still glad you are playing and making music after 20 years! Bush or Belladonna or Julio - it's Thrax for life for me.

\m/ Horns to you and co.

I hope Anthrax sticks with this reunion for a full round. I mean, they have had this little tour, now they should record an album together headline and see what happens.. They have went this far they might as well give it an honest chance.. After hearing those tracks from Alive 2 I want to hear new music from this line-up in the worst way.... I always liked the actual music of Anthrax better in the Joey era but I do think listening to some of it now Joey seems a bit outdated at times. But after hearing those live clips I think he has evolved and the band never sounded better... Those are his songs and did you hear the crunch they got back?? I really just want to see them... I am def not going to pay to see them open for Priest cause I dont even liek Priest...

Mr. Wu said:
Exactly. We won't know until we write music. I want to make a record with Mike Patton as the singer.
WHOA..... !!!!!!! Can I give you my $20 in advance!?!?

jackfromczech said:
I don't think so. And Scott's answer "We won't know until we write music" doesn't make any sense to me. Is it for him so hard to say something like "Well, you know, both singers are great, but I always prefer John/ Joey singing in Anthrax (because blah blah blah...)".

...erm, yes I imagine it is quite hard for him to say that, particularly when he has been in the band with both of them, and probably respects them both.Maybe, like me, he likes them both about equally, and is trying to figure out which way the band goes next. Maybe the future of Anthrax isn't written in a big book like some fucking master plan.

At the minute, some old friends have put their past differences asid, and are figuring out how it seems to be working. It really isn't a massive mystery is it? Why is everyone so intent on this being such a conspiracy? The man doesn't know! Even if he did, why does he have to tell us exactly ? They probably have some issues of their own to finalise before they start telling us anything - because (and let's be right here) if they told us something that didn't pan out, you'd all be calling them liars and hypocrites anyway. Better for them that they say "we just don't know just yet what will happen" than lie to us eh ?

You've never fallen out with an old friend, seen them years later and started to have fun again? Just because they are in a band, doesn't make that any different.

For the record, there are plenty of fans that like the Bush era 'thrax, but have been wanting to see the Joey era 'thrax live again. Did I like Bostoph era Slayer live? Yes. I don't see this level of fucking bickering in any of the other bands, except for the Newsted metallica thing, and we all know how insufferably gay that got.

Long story short - why don't we cut them some slack, see what happens and perhaps postpone our bleating, whining and self rightious anger until we know what is happening ?

Not trying to flame, just my opinion dude. I know you're upset, but man c'mon, just wait a while. Rome wasn't built in a day...:headbang:

exactly Carcassian. If Wu says something definite and then it doesn't happen, everyone will be calling him a liar. No matter what, some people are going to be disappointed. Wu knows its better to wear slippers than try and carpet the whole world.
I feel so fucking gay for writing that last sentence.

the_walking_dude said:
who gives a shit. it is anthrax and they will rock whatever line up it is. By not going all you are doing is missing out on a great show of metal by one of the best bands in the business

I agree.

jrw01-half said:
exactly Carcassian. If Wu says something definite and then it doesn't happen, everyone will be calling him a liar. No matter what, some people are going to be disappointed. Wu knows its better to wear slippers than try and carpet the whole world.
I feel so fucking gay for writing that last sentence.

Hahahahaha:headbang: