Muders In The Rue Morgue

rabies

Proud IMG Guitarist!
Apr 16, 2001
Maryland USA
Visit site
...who has the time to listen to a very rough mix? Hyde? Adde? Medsy?

There is a mix up on Maidenman's myplay that has me playing both Guitar parts. There is one lead section missing, and the leads in the main guitar harmony part are a reference track (I cheated by using no bends in the section to facilitate recording) - so you kinda have to look over that. I would say the work is 50-60% done.

..but other than that, I am looking for comments on if I am playing it ok and guitar sounds ok overall. Pick it apart. I personally think its coming along nicely (must practice that bloody run till I can do it justice)...and I just wanted to share.

...also this mix will point out the rhythm under the main section..and how Constantine and I are playing two different things there. I am also aware that the very begining is not spot on. That can be fixed in the mix.

Adde, if you listen and you think its good enough, you can either record to this, or I can send the left channel guitar (the one I will use in the final version) to you. Lemme know guys. The recording process here works best when we all give each other feedback!

..I am hoping this track will spark some interest in getting people to record again! :D

hell yeah ill have a listen....... :)

Email tha sucker over.... ill refresh myself with the original and then suss your mix out.... and im sure itll be just as good as the maiden boys themselves.....

Rock on lads...

:)

Yeah, great job man :) Really good sounding. Now, can you send me your guitar parts to me, leaving out the parts I`m supposed to play? Would be great :)

Adde: Sending the left channel rhythm guitar part and 1 lead track thats not done (has intro and dive bombs)...still needs the harmony section. I was going to leave the first 'lead' guitar section up to you (since I took the intro)...and do the lower harmony on the second 'lead' section. Let me know if thats ok.

Medsy: Track is being sent to you.

Maidenman: hmm..I forget. I think you were down. I have two active projects now though...Can I go ahead and mix this one while you continue with Beast, I want out (and whatever else you have)? I have nothing to mix right now..and that's a wierd place for me. =) ...also....started on Reach out yet? I think Hyde and I can probably crank on that one..

Rabies: I just gave the song a listen. I think you did a good job of figuring it out. There are a couple of things I think you play a little differently than I do, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the way you play it. I listened to the cd and noticed that the two guitars aren't playing the parts the same on the Cd!
The only real trouble spot is during the harmony solo around
3:00 minutes in. It seems that you nailed the rythem behind it, but the bass (Constantine ?) isn't following the chord changes when it drops to the lower chords, where it changes from the C D
E D to C D A G.

I think you did a great job, especially the way you get the dive bombs on the E right. (one of my favorite parts)

It's going to sound great!

Adde: You've got children to do!!!:eek: :lol:

Thanks Hyde,

I concur on the bass. I hope Constantine checks in. I triple-checked what I was playing against the CD there to make sure it was not me! :D

..as far as the two rhythms..I know...I am leaving it up to adde to change his rhythm part enough. I laid the other track down real quick to facilitate recording the leads (sounds...weak when its only one guitar)...so I pretty much played them the same.

Adde, I will copy the rhythm guitar up in a couple hours.

whoa..... holy smoke...... sounds pretty damn fine there rabs.... once again the quality just keeps getting better.....

Cool song too...havent heard it in years..... didnt even bother getting the original out.... you completely done it justice....

Cant wait for the final..... Great job.....

:)

Thanks Meds.

Adde, my standalone rhythm guitar track is finally up. Sorry man...had major problems copying it up to mm's myplay last night. Send me your rhythm track when done.

I've been practicing the crap outta the middle harmony section. Give me another couple days and I'll try to lay down a final take.
I'll send you the lead parts then.

ARGHHHHH....SHIT.......!!!

I just recieved const's updated bass line..( although probaly no need to email this song to me const.... im not playing on it and dont have the other tracks either... but thanx for the thought though...and as usual.... you rock...!!!) ......

... and when i saved the file to my desktop...( which is where i had RABS mix saved at...) ...i somehow replaced the full mix with consts punchin....!!

so if u get a chance rabs.... can u email your mix over again.... it sounds awesome and i enjoyed listening to it....plus i wanna save it with all the other guild songs.....

THANX DUDES>.....!!! :)

oops...

now i understand const..... you sending me your files is to help in the upload process somehow.......

In that case id say send away anytime.... but i cant upload either.....sorry bout that....

but if u would like me to help forward any via emails id be happy to do so......

Meds,

Can you mail me constantines bass track? Thanks.

I'll mail you a completed murders. No need keeping a working rough mix...unless you really want that..