Muse

ConvergeNerd

Mar 18, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
I just bought Black Holes and Revelations. Brilliant. The overtones in it are really similar to Opeth. It's alternative rock, for those unfamiliar, along the lines of Damnation-era Opeth but a little less serious. Honestly, I'm beginning to think that this band really can do Radiohead better than Radiohead does Radiohead.

Download "Knights of Cydonia", "Take a Bow", and "Starlight" for a taste.

How is Muse (and in particular this album) anything like a less serious Damnation-era Opeth?

Muse, as good as Radiohead and very similar, the best current British mainstream band, arguably the best current British band full stop. Their last album was incredible, Matt Bellamy is simply an very talented composer and musician. I'm tempted to go to the Leeds Festival just for the day they're on. I'd love to see Bellamy collaborate on something with Opeth, or vice-versa. I really do think he's one of the worlds most talented young music men.

illidurit: lol... must i really ask you to ground your comment? if you will start to tell me that i´m wrong, dont even start...did you miss the part where i said "in my opinnion"... are you really just so retarded that you actually think music can by facts be argued?

shit taste noobs? lol... ofcourse you think that your opinnion is right...i mean...it´s your opinnion. and i dont see the point of trying to appear superior in some forum... the point of your comment lacks any kind of ground or logic... what is the sole purpose of it? you just seem like an idiot who thinks he knows best... and that you would in some way have evolved more musically than others to call them noobs?... you to me seem like a noob... since it seems that you listen to music for somekind of status thing, rather than a personal enjoyment.