Music Contribution for Video Game

Mindless

May 12, 2009
Video game Resident Evil Online 2 is looking for some talented artist who wanna compose certain songs based on the video games music that i have chosen below(the link) and will be featured in the survival horror action paced game. The rules are 'you' choose any song 'in the files i uploaded below', 're-compose it' in any 'heavy metal' genre, so feel free to follow the songs 'tempo' or 'speed it up' as long as it sounds something like 'the song' you picked.

Games Page: http://www.byond.com/games/darkeremerald/reo2
Song files: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14830842/Music/files.zip
Deadline: May 1st
Ill be picking the songs anyone has composed(if any) and will feature your re-compositions in the games soundtrack. Alot of players play the game so im pretty sure i can send them your way if they ask about who re-composed the music but yea if you have questions just reply here and ill try to explain it the best i can. :headbang:

Andy: Mr.X - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25125502/And...20Remix).mp3
[edit]

yes that is the game, i am currently updating the game heavily with new graphics so it wont look the same and also updating the games soundtrack so i figured i check with anybody anywhere if they want to contribute any songs to the game haha. btw deadline is May 1st

You mean you want a Heavy metal arrangement of one of these song?
Looks like a cool project really but (take no offense) and all that is fine, but can I ask what is your personal role in this?
Also, are they buying some sort of licence of the song if we get to "win", and will it get remixed/re-recorded?
I'm guessing a licenced game that sold tens of millions of copies of games (and a shitload part of that number due to it's music) will just go and grab any guy's music as-is, neither will let it's musicians starving...
well, like you said, we need moar details!

to them guys above

yea heavy metal arrangements, my personal role is programing and designing the whole game, i guess i can buy the song if money is what you want, but like i said 'contribute', ill pretty much be choosing all of them if anyone does make one so theres no losing here, than they play at random in the games soundtrack shuffle system get the players pumped when the horde swarms than who knows, but yea they always ask about the music i composed to the game than just give them the song but thats just me, but if they ask for the song anyone contributes i can pretty much send them to your fb, soundclick or whatever page you use for your music.

to them guys above

yea heavy metal arrangements, my personal role is programing and designing the whole game, i guess i can buy the song if money is what you want, but like i said 'contribute', ill pretty much be choosing all of them if anyone does make one so theres no losing here, than they play at random in the games soundtrack shuffle system get the players pumped when the horde swarms than who knows, but yea they always ask about the music i composed to the game than just give them the song but thats just me, but if they ask for the song anyone contributes i can pretty much send them to your fb, soundclick or whatever page you use for your music.

Looks interesting. Also looks like its made with rpgmaker xp though. Do you have the rights to use resident evil or is it a fan game. If its the later I'd consider a name change before its gets too popular for legal reasons alone. I might try and belt up a song for you but if you have no clearance to use anything Resi related you could wind up in a little bother or have to remove your game. Anyway I'll download the tunes and knock up a cover if I can find the time.

i may have something slow and kinda scary sounding i recorded some time ago, may fit the title menu or something like that...

but yea they always ask about the music i composed to the game

Are you saying you composed music for Resident Evil? We're talking official stuff here, and it's just out of curiosity

...if so, you fucking rock, lol

Also, the money thing is absolutely not because I'm a money whore. I went to music school with a guy whose 1st job out of music college was to work on some Ubisoft project (think it was Assassin's Creed 1, but I have about 0 memory left, so it may not be this game too, but whatever) and I just happen to know this is not some random job you usually give away to random people on forums (you know I love you, Sneapsters, that's not the point:lol:), and that it involves lot of work/time...

Just a thought, but you might also need to find someone who is willing to master all of the final tracks. Otherwise the different gear and mixing techniques used on each track are going to make them sound disjointed and unrelated. Not to mention the differences in loudness causing the volume to shift up and down between tracks :puke:

Now that I googled him, I realize I heard a shitton of this guy's work, but nope, he's not the buddy I was referring to.
But keep in mind that it's not only Matt Uelmen that made the music to Diablo happen.
I'll have to ask what game it was and what he did, next time I see him.