Music While Working Out?

Currently in my Mp3 player for the gym:

Celtic Frost: Monotheist
Venom: Metal Black
and random Dark Angel, Mr. Bungle, Bjork, Lacuna Coil, Tool and Voivod.

I can't take the Mp3 player running unless I get new headphones that won't come out of my ear.

Firstly, I agree with the general thrash/death idea, anything with some pace, power and groove, as cookiecutter said. Specifically, i tend to go for more intense stuff in my collection for the weights, eg. early Napalm Death Brujeria, Decapitated, Iniquity, as well as the all out aggressive stuff (Pantera, Slayer, also agree with the RATM).
For running, rowing, etc., I like a bit of pace variation, so one album I particuarly enjoy for a good run is Burn My Eyes by Machine Head, not only for the groove and general pace but the fact I can end a 4 mile run with a sprint finish induced by the intro to Blood For Blood.
By the way, kudos to swizzlenuts for an original thread.

I usealy listen thrash like sodom and Slayer or Death metal.
And very agressive metal to give more adrenalin.
And can´t go to gym if I don´t have mp3 player whit me.
Cos theyr radio station plays allways some fucking Britney Spears.

I usually just stick on a compilation that i have made up, usually that is comprised of MF KD Slayer old Metallica Vader - really anything that pumps you up or you can like run in beat with

Death Animal said:
Cos theyr radio station plays allways some fucking Britney Spears.

Are you going to the gym during the mid-morning hours (9 a.m.-noon)? I noticed that the gym would do that to appease all the fucking hausfrauen that would be there working out.

I'm usually in the gym before 3 a.m., so when I do work out, they're usually playing mid-90's alterna-rock. Not necessarily my cup of tea - especially when I'm trying to lift, but I don't go bananas when I leave my Mp3 players at work.

cookiecutter said:
The gym at my school is infested with gangstas :( I heard all the crappy hiphop hits so many times.

we put on the classic rock station as soon as the last person of color has left the weight room.

Slayer-Reign in Blood
Slayer-Divine Intervention
Slayer-God Hates Us All (I dont give a fuck what you think that album rules)
Anthrax-Among the Living
Pantera-Cowboys From Hell
Pantera-Vulgar Display of Power
Pantera-Far Beyond Driven
Kreator-Pleasure to Kill
Sepultura-Beneath the Remains
Sepultura-Arise
Cannibal Corpse-Butchered At Birth
Cannibal Corpse-Tomb of the Mutilated
Cannibal Corpse-The Bleeding
Cannibal Corpse-Vile
Cannibal Corpse-Kill