Musical Enlightenment

NineFeetUnderground said:
psst. *nudge nudge* silenius is the vocalist from abigor and summoning among others. :p

:lol: Oh yeah....Hey, it's been a long day (starting at 8am with a test), ok? When my boss rang me up to say that i had to work tonight (i was at the pub at the time), i started to boo her until she asked what was up. At that point i hung up. Goddamnit, 20 mins till i have to be there...

abigor
amorphis
arcturus
at the gates
bloodbath
blut aus nord
borknagar
brahms
burzum
cat stevens
cynic
diabolical masquerade
enslaved
esoteric
gorgoroth
immortal
sapthuran
sigur ros
simon and garfunkel
ulver

metal_wrath said:
Nothing, unless he is listed under Burzum on a fucking random recommen. post

edit: Also Cat Stevens is not his name anymore, it is Muhammed Islam or something, so pwned

^^^
Officially the worst pwning i have ever seen. His name was never 'Cat Stevens'. That was a stage name.

NineFeetUnderground said:
nothing. theyre the best act in that entire list, and metal-wrath was rolling his eyes as usual...thats the point.
It's spelled metal_wrath, and once again I am not putting down S&G, though I would rather listen to Slayer anyday. They may just as well be the best band on that list, because it is a shitty list to begin with.

edit: Actually the list is pretty solid, other than the bands I highlighted in pink

brahms has composed the best music on that list. i would also +1 enslaved, burzum and ulver, especially. i like the other bands a lot as well. as far as i'm concerned the list is pretty good. but i doubt i would have a whole lot of metal bands on my list for 'musical enlightenment'. still i probably would put burzum on it.

metal_wrath said:
It's spelled metal_wrath, and once again I am not putting down S&G, though I would rather listen to Slayer anyday. They may just as well be the best band on that list, because it is a shitty list to begin with.

edit: Actually the list is pretty solid, other than the bands I highlighted in pink

you calling that list shitty (although theres a couple clunkers) would be laughable. im glad you wisened up.

How about Captain Beefheart & his Magic Band, from the delta blues to the extreemly wierd and wonderful, lyrics to ponder over, angular rhythms and riffs fighting with themselves.
Trout Mask Replica and Doc at the Radar Station, stand out albums in my opinion.