My Acapella Cover Of "Gone"

yeah it does have the feeling, i dont know abt the technicalities... i listen music for the meaning or moods it conveys not for the "well-doneness" of it....good stuff kev :)

deleted my previous post wtf :erk:

btw, nobody should be labeled as a ''tough guy'' for being critical, anyone with a good ear knows very well that the ''performance'' wasn't good at all...no offence LifeDepraved( i like you fyi)

So...what you're saying is...is that anyone with "i aint play this" ears knows it isn't good. Because obviously your ears are the worlds ears.

Not to throw Katatonia in this, but what if someone said that anyone with a good ear knows Katatonia aren't good...See this is a statement by only one person...Does not count for everyone in the world.

Now I said gimme comments good or bad. But it seems some people think before they speak (or type rather)...and that's not constructive.

Thx for the nice comments guys...I went for what I was aiming to do and I think it came out good to me. :)

So...what you're saying is...is that anyone with "i aint play this" ears knows it isn't good. Because obviously your ears are the worlds ears.

Not to throw Katatonia in this, but what if someone said that anyone with a good ear knows Katatonia aren't good...See this is a statement by only one person...Does not count for everyone in the world.

Now I said gimme comments good or bad. But it seems some people think before they speak (or type rather)...and that's not constructive.

Thx for the nice comments guys...I went for what I was aiming to do and I think it came out good to me. :)

Well, maybe you should learn how to deal with criticism? i mean, you giving me an example mentioning Katatonia? it is all a matter of common sense, your voice was incredibly off, i don't know if you were trying to emulate Jonas or something but that simply wasn't a successful attempt, his vocal style is very personal, and believe it or not i'm old enough to know when someone is not singing very well. I remember once you posted a link of your growls and well they sounded pretty good...but ok i won't go ahead with this, do what you want...but remember that criticism does exist and it is normal for people to exaggerate when they think you suck...of course stuff like ''you are a retard'' is not good, but compliments aren't the only form of constructive comments and you should know such a thing.

...Anyways...I think you should really leave the forum Kitty...Your negative posts are nothing but ignorant trash that just makes a good forum look bad. You are unwanted here and should stop with your child-like antics. Grow up!

Hahaha, are you kidding me? You said you wanted to hear good and bad comments, so I was honest and gave you an honest bad one. It's not "ignorant trash" as you put it, because I know drunken tone-deaf monotone singing when I hear it. How about YOU grow up and learn to take a little criticism. You were the one who put the MP3 up, and you were the one who asked for our opinions.

Hey! Stop being all uptight about this alright! Don't be all so goddamn serious, we all know the way we communicate with eachother here and your (KittyKatatonia) first comment in this thread was not cool with that, it's OK that you don't like it and the fact that you post your opinion too.
Stop recording yourself and sharing with us. You're just embarrassing yourself and wasting everybody's time.
Let us all be the judge of that OK? Kevin is a well-respected and well-liked member here it isn't like he's sharing recordings all the time, in fact, I don't even recall him ever doing that, but I may be wrong, but that's not the point. And it isn't like he's offending anyone with it, if it's bad, it's bad and we'll tell 'em and all have a laugh!

Hey! Stop being all uptight about this alright! Don't be all so goddamn serious, we all know the way we communicate with eachother here and your (KittyKatatonia) first comment in this thread was not cool with that, it's OK that you don't like it and the fact that you post your opinion too.Let us all be the judge of that OK? Kevin is a well-respected and well-liked member here it isn't like he's sharing recordings all the time, in fact, I don't even recall him ever doing that, but I may be wrong, but that's not the point. And it isn't like he's offending anyone with it, if it's bad, it's bad and we'll tell 'em and all have a laugh!

^he did that at least 3 times iirc

still not a reason to be harsh towards him, Kitty expressed her opinions in a brutal way(lol) and Kevin replied like he felt he should. So it is all good...i think.

I have been a member of this forum for a long time and one thing I know is that "WE" don't express our bad opinions by calling people retard...We have nice people here and let's keep it that way...

^he did that at least 3 times iirc

still not a reason to be harsh towards him, Kitty expressed her opinions in a brutal way(lol) and Kevin replied like he felt he should. So it is all good...i think.
Even if he did it 10 times, so what..

Anyway, Kitty's post didn't contain the slightest hint of irony and I thought (and the majority in here) it was inappropriate and totally uncalled for.

Hahaha, are you kidding me? You said you wanted to hear good and bad comments, so I was honest and gave you an honest bad one. It's not "ignorant trash" as you put it, because I know drunken tone-deaf monotone singing when I hear it. How about YOU grow up and learn to take a little criticism. You were the one who put the MP3 up, and you were the one who asked for our opinions.

You said that to be an ass. Plain and simple. I accept any kind of opinions, except those that are just there to be rude...which you were being.

Well, maybe you should learn how to deal with criticism? i mean, you giving me an example mentioning Katatonia? it is all a matter of common sense, your voice was incredibly off, i don't know if you were trying to emulate Jonas or something but that simply wasn't a successful attempt, his vocal style is very personal, and believe it or not i'm old enough to know when someone is not singing very well. I remember once you posted a link of your growls and well they sounded pretty good...but ok i won't go ahead with this, do what you want...but remember that criticism does exist and it is normal for people to exaggerate when they think you suck...of course stuff like ''you are a retard'' is not good, but compliments aren't the only form of constructive comments and you should know such a thing.

First off...it's a cover. It does not need to sound like the original. Second...I was not trying emulate Jonas...I wasn't even thinking about that at the time. I just had the urge to sing it and I did. Good singing? Bad singing? What's the difference? Anything can be either/or to one person than to another. In the end it's just a matter of taste, not a "fact" or "known statement" that someone supposely made up. Once again, I accept any kind of criticism...but if that person is just gonna be an ass about it...just bugger off. There is bad constructive comments too...why is it bad? Tell me, but in a constructive way...no jibberish "retard" nonsense.

First off...it's a cover. It does not need to sound like the original. Second...I was not trying emulate Jonas...I wasn't even thinking about that at the time. I just had the urge to sing it and I did. Good singing? Bad singing? What's the difference? Anything can be either/or to one person than to another. In the end it's just a matter of taste, not a "fact" or "known statement" that someone supposely made up. Once again, I accept any kind of criticism...but if that person is just gonna be an ass about it...just bugger off. There is bad constructive comments too...why is it bad? Tell me, but in a constructive way...no jibberish "retard" nonsense.

Listen, i know it sucks when you think you did something extraordinary and people act like dicks and stuff, it is annoying. I was reading a Katatonia interview in which Blakkie said :''I care too much about criticism, it easily hurts my feelings, but if i stop and try to be rational about it, i know that, in the end of the day it is just me and my music, i shouldn't care as much as i do''. So there you go, even if i say something like ''good ears'' it is just another way of expressing an opinion of extreme dispproval that isn't meant to be taken in the literal sense, and if you want to face people's reactions, you will get a lot of that, or even worse. I'm replying to your post in a friendly manner(which i don't do very much lul) because i think you are a cool guy, honestly, but MY truth had to be told somehow...that's it

Lifedepraved: Wen it comes ot singing theres actually two sides to it.

1. The facts. There IS such a thing as bad vocal technique. And i think i can safely say that technically - you did sing pretty bad. I'd say thats a fact, actually.

2. Personal taste. Peoples tastes are very different. Even if its technically bad - some people can like it anyway - and you can't tell them their TASTE is wrong.

So I'd say both things are possible here. You can say its a fact that your vocals on this recording were bad. And you can say "maybe in some way. but i like it."