My Acapella Cover Of "Gone"

This is just something I made when I was drunk. Nothing "extraordinary"...frankly I don't know why I put it up...But it's not really a big issue to me. I can sing...I trained myself to growl, scream, falsettos, clean, harsh...yadda yadda...this was just something I wanted to get out. It does not show my true capacity at all. I'll just leave it at this. Keep the comments coming though.

Kev. Thanks for posting this. This forum in loves you......and no matter what posting something like this is not easy to do.....a naked voice rarely sounds good.......and I didnt think it was that bad......

kitty....I dont like you.....I dont feel you have ever posted anything of value.....I think you are probably 14 years old......if your going to be mean then go away.....we are "family" here......doesnt mean you have to lie to people about their posts but we try to be courteous here....if you cant then you dont belong here....

Amazing. The guy asks for praise and criticism for his drunken performance, I give him some honest criticism, and now I'm being singled out. If that little line I wrote was considered too mean for you to handle then you guys have to move out of your parents houses and out of your sheltered lives and try living in the real world for a little bit.

Oh and Deliverance6, I don't care if you don't like me. You're about as sensitive as a little girl, and I like guys a little more manly sorry.

How about you guys just get over this petty nonsense, try and grow up a bit, and maybe...just maybe we can have some grown-up conversations without someone crying.

Amazing. The guy asks for praise and criticism for his drunken performance, I give him some honest criticism, and now I'm being singled out. If that little line I wrote was considered too mean for you to handle then you guys have to move out of your parents houses and out of your sheltered lives and try living in the real world for a little bit.

Oh and Deliverance6, I don't care if you don't like me. You're about as sensitive as a little girl, and I like guys a little more manly sorry.

How about you guys just get over this petty nonsense, try and grow up a bit, and maybe...just maybe we can have some grown-up conversations without someone crying.

Takin' a bath in reverb ocean are we?
Your vocal tone could use a face-lift, its a bit off-key.
The voice does however remind me of Jonas on Discourage Ones.

I could do a lot better on it. I'd like to be able to record the instruments too when I get the chance.

I used the reverb to show off some emotion. I wouldn't release anything that didn't give me an image in my head first.

And in no way am I comparing myself to Jeff Buckley...but I kinda wanted a "You And I" feel to it. The voice is just as great and important an instrument as anything.

You keep repeating the same stuff everytime you type. Then you add in the same old phrases that countless other mindless internet "tuff guyz" spout out. You are the one that needs to grow up...it seems you are the one people have the problem with.

hmmmm....lets recap some of Kitty's posts shall we?

Great band?!? I remember listening to this album when it came out and laughing at how bad it was. It sounded like just another amateur band trying desperately to sound like the bands who influenced them It also didn't help that they have a terrible vocalist and a really stupid band name.

Ummm, why would you have to sell your original BMD CD? Are you the same GreenTea who posts on a whole bunch of other message boards? If so I've noticed a trend with you...you're a retard.

:yuk: This guy's videos really do suck. Somebody tell this hack to stop ruining good songs with his dull visual nonsense.

While you were at it you should have photoshopped the red off your nose, Rudolph!
(said about someones birthmark)

Ive been here a while.....I think Ive posted maybe 3-4 times outside of this forum on UM......Ive been through more than you think I have, Im a 30 year old ex-heroin addict who now works with homeless people for a living, I dont think your going to tell me much about the world.
And if you say this is true

"I was a big fan of Opeth way back around the Morningrise album era, and I heard that Mikael had done guest vocals for Katatonia on their Brave Murder Day album. So I checked that album out, loved it, and the rest is history. I didn't think they'd ever be able to top that album, but they finally did with The Great Cold Distance."

then where have you been all these years?
you will not find the acceptance your looking for here, we will not validate your "tough" attitude, you will learn that you are not going to gain any respect here acting like you do (go ahead...come back with the whole "Im not here for your respect routine....were expecting it")

we are a respectable forum.....and we like it that way....we welcome people who act this way.....you should try it....its not too late to turn around and have people like you, I know thats what you want....and thats what we offer here. Your making it tough.

Haha. Call me a cunt but I like this thread. I like it when people argue (until they start repeating the same stuff again and again) more then those threads where everyone just say the same dull lines ("Lael thizz new video ov July really ownz Katatonia is omnipotent to the max").

:kickass: You know some of you guys really take the piss.

How one can think they could possibly even sing when plastered on the good stuff is crazy...

I think if you wanna sing fucked of your face then be prepared for the backlash.

People like Jonas (and myself) spend a lot of time learning our voices inside out and it takes years to perfect, and beleive me you are never happy with it anyway.

So fair enough sing your arse of when drunk, but if someone comes on here and says "thats crap your obviously pissed as a mule" then be tough, accept it takes more than a few beers to sing well and get on with life!

and that goes for all the support he has had.. you should know better.. its an insult to think otherwise..

Unless of course you are all just having a laff, in which case forget it!:kickass: :kickass:

Katatonia Forum Guidelines

We’d like to keep the quality level of this forum high, so please follow the examples of most visitors here and keep your messages mature and intelligent. Continued immaturity will not be accepted. Criticism is okay, but insults are not.

Wow we all must learn from you how to be tough and grown...:puke:

hmmmm....lets recap some of Kitty's posts shall we?

Great band?!? I remember listening to this album when it came out and laughing at how bad it was. It sounded like just another amateur band trying desperately to sound like the bands who influenced them It also didn't help that they have a terrible vocalist and a really stupid band name.

Ummm, why would you have to sell your original BMD CD? Are you the same GreenTea who posts on a whole bunch of other message boards? If so I've noticed a trend with you...you're a retard.

:yuk: This guy's videos really do suck. Somebody tell this hack to stop ruining good songs with his dull visual nonsense.

While you were at it you should have photoshopped the red off your nose, Rudolph!
(said about someones birthmark)

Ive been here a while.....I think Ive posted maybe 3-4 times outside of this forum on UM......Ive been through more than you think I have, Im a 30 year old ex-heroin addict who now works with homeless people for a living, I dont think your going to tell me much about the world.
And if you say this is true

"I was a big fan of Opeth way back around the Morningrise album era, and I heard that Mikael had done guest vocals for Katatonia on their Brave Murder Day album. So I checked that album out, loved it, and the rest is history. I didn't think they'd ever be able to top that album, but they finally did with The Great Cold Distance."

then where have you been all these years?
you will not find the acceptance your looking for here, we will not validate your "tough" attitude, you will learn that you are not going to gain any respect here acting like you do (go ahead...come back with the whole "Im not here for your respect routine....were expecting it")

we are a respectable forum.....and we like it that way....we welcome people who act this way.....you should try it....its not too late to turn around and have people like you, I know thats what you want....and thats what we offer here. Your making it tough.

Oh sure, go ahead and copy&paste only the few negative things I've said on the forums but leave out all the postive things. You really are a putz.

Oh sure, go ahead and copy&paste only the few negative things I've said on the forums but leave out all the postive things. You really are a putz.

obviously he is only going to bring up all of the comment he didn't like from you and not the one he did like to validate his point..