My arms, your hearse..

Look for Lamentation of the Flame Princess issues, Metal Maniacs, Pit, and a few others, from '98-'99. It takes time to dig out these magazines I have, or you could just ask Mikael questions, like a lot of us do, when we've seen Opeth throughout the years......he is a nice chap, and has no problem talking to you. Oh yeah, in this interview, the MAYH album was originally titled "Everything Dies", but Mikael changed it for a few reasons, one of them being that a hardcore band used the title already, and he didn't want any association or confusion there.

:rolleyes:

Jesus Christ. I think everyone pretty much agrees—or can at the very least find it plausible—where the inspiration came from. The real question is who the figure on the cover is. Consider the obvious: the pale face, the veil of darkness, and the wandering the forest. I wonder who that could be.... (Hint: it's not the fucking woman.)

Not everyone that walks amongst trees are dead, or ghosts. It is mentioned as a woman in an interview or two, from '98-'99. And there are living people that have pale faces. It just seems that some people can't admit that they're mistaken on their assumptions, or a little lazy to look up the archival articles/interviews from '98 '99. And, if you look on the back of an original copy of a MAYH cd, look closely, (back of the case) on the right side, there's a vague/transparent image....which is ghost-like. Talk about that, and come to more conclusions....

:lol:

I took the time to look up the interviews with the only resource I had: the Internet. I couldn't find anything, and it wasn't because I was lazy. The interview you just posted proves nothing concerning the whole point of this thread, so why don't you post the one you're talking about where it is mentioned. If you're going to mention something, back it up. Don't expect others to do it.

Also, you're going by the assumption that because the cover of My Arms, Your Hearse was inspired by the cover of Black Sabbath, the figure on the front has to be a woman. I'm going by the most obvious assumption based on what I've already said and the fact that based on the story, it's the main character who does the wandering. It's funny how you came into this thread calling everyone an idiot because you could reference some scanty interview that you couldn't even produce, instead posting one that doesn't even settle the issue.

I don't even understand the point you're trying to make concerning the image on the back. You say it as if it somehow discounts the possibility I'm right, which it doesn't, because it makes no sense.

I don't see anything =(
Can someone explain exactly where it is?

Nevermind. I see it =)

It wouldn't make any sense for me to make something like this up, now would it? I've been a fan for 12-13 years now, and I've read quite a few articles/interviews on the band in that time. So, go ahead, and keep thinking what you think. It's just funny to me that you want to spout off assumption, and then get so adamant about a theory you believe is true. It takes time to look through a lot of old magazines, and maybe I'll get around to it. It's not my fault that you don't have old interviews/articles about Opeth from '96-'99. The only thing I regret saying, is me saying "idiots"...that was a little out of character for me. See ya newbies.....keep looking......there's a lot of old interviews out there....you can do it!

It wouldn't make any sense for me to make something like this up, now would it?

I believe you, it would be kinda retarded to fight against for this long if you wasn't sure about what you were saying. I would never guess that it was a woman though..

Really creepy that I never noticed the person before. When I look upon it now, i can't really tell how I could NOT see it before. Next guy or girl who meets Mike have to ask him about that cover:p

That's right. I know that the person in the actual photo was his girlfriend at the time, but like you said, in the context of the cover, it's supposed to be a ghost, which was my original point.