My Audiostreet Page

Nitronium Blood

UM BOARDS' JESTER
Dec 28, 2001
Marchin' up and down the scqaiya.
Visit site
http://www.audiostreet.net/nitroniumblood

Please check out 'Always Wrong' first, because I'm speculating that many will be turned off by my vocals in the 'Do Unto' clip.

They are very short clips, so please accept my apologies.

They won't sound super great or anything, nonetheless it is the best I could do with what little I have. I'm not super skilled, playing and production wise like Moonlapse, Kazrog or Matt from Theocracy but do let me know what you guys think.

Thank you.:headbang:

Megadethy! sounded good but if there's bass I'd turn it up a bit cause it sounds like your guitars are tuned reasonably.

You've definitely got the Dave Mustaine guitar sound down. Drums and bass need more special sauce. Good overall, post the whole song if you can!

Thank you very much for listening Shane :)

I do agree, the drums need to have that 'certain coating' and actually there is no bass in there at all. I wonder what proper adjustments I would have to make to the sound so that a bass guitar would fit in well.

I shall hopefully try and finish the songs.

Nitronium Blood said:
Thank you very much for listening Shane :)

I do agree, the drums need to have that 'certain coating' and actually there is no bass in there at all. I wonder what proper adjustments I would have to make to the sound so that a bass guitar would fit in well.

I shall hopefully try and finish the songs.

It's nothing mysterious, you probably need to turn down your guitars and bring up the other instruments. Throw some compression on the bass and compare your mix to similar music (Megadeth, Exodus, etc.) and get it as close as you can!

Yeah cool man.

I'd personally take that vocal down quite a bit (don't mistake this for saying 'the vocal sucks' - it doesn't, it's just too up front), put some verb on it to make it mesh with the mix, bring the guitars up, maybe brighten them a bit and give those drums some more punch and clarity.

I think you just have to find that right balance of levels for all the instruments, so it sounds like a nice and tight mix. Brightening everything a bit never hurts either.

I think the vocals just suffer from the home-recording thing... where you may not have the ideal mics, mic pres and converters and it just sounds a tad flat, not meshing with the mix. Perhaps you could've actually sung them a bit louder... sounds like you were holding back a tad.

Usually to make all the elements in a mix mesh as much as possible (which is crucial at home where you're using sterile drum samples, DI'd guitar, bass and only the vox are mic'ed) what I do is just simply apply varying amounts of the same reverb to everything. The idea is to make it sound like everything was recorded in the same room. I'm not sure what program you deal with, but if its ProTools or Cubase, then just set up either an auxillary or effects track and use sends on each track to get some reverb going.

Kick ass nitronium blood!! :headbang:

It's interresting to hear stuff coming from the folks here.. i enjoyed it, and wished they were a bit longer...

Nothing to add besides what has been said by others allready, and defenitely get some bass in there as well! that would fatten up the mix for ya...

Yeah, nice vocals man! got more?

Thank you Ermin for listening :)
Moonlapse said:
I'd personally take that vocal down quite a bit

give those drums some more punch and clarity.

Brightening everything a bit never hurts either.

I think the vocals just suffer from the home-recording thing... where you may not have the ideal mics, mic pres and converters and it just sounds a tad flat, not meshing with the mix.

Perhaps you could've actually sung them a bit louder... sounds like you were holding back a tad.
I fully agree with these statements, and thank you for your advice.

Moonlapse said:
I'm not sure what program you deal with, but if its ProTools or Cubase, then just set up either an auxillary or effects track and use sends on each track to get some reverb going.
I use Adobe Audition, and to be honest have never attempted such a thing. I shall read the manual and see if this is possible. Thank you again.

Hapexamendios said:
Dude! I dig it! Reminds me a lot of Megadeth. I do agree that the vocals need to be dropped just a bit in the mix. I struggle with this as well as we're putting vocals on our stuff now. Keep it up and post some full tunes!
Thank you for listening dude and I fully agree about the vocal thing. I will try and complete the songs :)

Black neon bob said:
Kick ass nitronium blood!! :headbang:
Thank you very much kind sir. :)

Black neon bob said:
and defenitely get some bass in there as well! that would fatten up the mix for ya...
I fully agree, thanks man.

Black neon bob said:
Yeah, nice vocals man! got more?
I shall try and complete the songs. Now that I know atleast Shane, Hapexamendios and yourself would like to hear the full shit :D