My band's demo

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
Here's a demo track called "Dreadful Angel" from my new band To-Mera. It's progressive metal with female vocals (sung by Julie Kiss, ex vocalist with Without Face and my other half).

Anyway, if you like stuff like Symphony X, etc, this might well blow your skirt up. It was recorded in a rehearsal room in England and mixed in Cubase by Brett from Tower Studios in France (www.towerstudio.net)

Enjoy (or not, as the case may be...)!

http://www.elitistrecords.co.uk/dreadfulangel.mp3

Lee

after first listen, it's pretty good....

reminds me of somebody throwing fear factory, symphony X and like bodom or something i can't put my finger on in a blender.... kinda... but different

Pretty cool stuff! I dig the musical roller coaster vibe (that Bluesy/ambient break in the middle which was cool (unexpected). The contrast on Julie's vocals with the heavy "wall of sound" music is a perfect match. It takes a lot for me to like female fronted bands only because so many times people think they can just throw a decent (Average) singing female up there and it's going to be good. Happy to say this isn't one of those bands :).

I'm listening to it right now and I like it a lot.

Edit: IT gave a pretty good description of your sound.

i reallly like this ... especially the soaring section 2/3 in with violins and some pummeling guitar drum work ... Julie's vocals work well, but I wish they were more intelligeble. I have a feeling there is some good lyrics behind this.

do you think there is a chance you will sign them? :loco:

Cheers for the feedback. The recording didn't cost any more than a usual demo really. It's just a case of finding the right producer at the right time. I got Andy Sneap to do a Disgust album back when he only charging $100 a day. I don't think I'll be able to afford Brett five years from now :)

As for me signing the band, I'm afraid I'm too close to have an objective opinion. Plus I'd prefer it if someone else liked it enough to pick it up. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

i like the first track much better, it grabbed me by the balls more ... the second one is more "bombastic" so to speak, but it kinda swirls and doesn't really settle into it's own groove.

Julie's voice is beautifully soaring as usual ... and sometimes I wonder if the metal genre is holding her back in some ways.