To-Mera demo (recorded / mixed by Brett)

Lee_B said:
No Nightwish influence at all, thanks...

edit: Sorry if that sounded harsh, but i hate that band with a passion.

Didn't sound harsh at all, everyone hears different things in bands. It was mainly the guitar-keyboard relationship (which Brett has said was his doing) that gave me the impression of Nightwish.

Kudos to Brett! :worship:

Musically it's not my cup, but ass kickin' sound you've got there and it's not "demo" by any means!
The only small remark would be at the sound of that synth lead (what's that, square or triangle wave?), it's a bit too fizzy. I hear it as high pitched "shhhhh" with barely recognizable tones... Then again, it may be my speakers are pulling my leg. ;)

Once again - bravo!

Hey Lee, excellent! I was wondering in what project Julie was into right now, I like her voice a lot. Nice to see you're playing too.

Just let me hear it a little longer for it to grow in me, comments later.

And the usual: Great job, Brett! :wave:

Lee_B said:
here's the second (and final) track from the demo entitled "Born of Ashes". Kudos to Brett for creating the Rhapsody stylee soundtrack bit after the acoustic intro. I shall have to play this song in squirrel-skin underwear from now on :)

http://www.elitistrecords.co.uk/bornofashes.mp3

To say it with Mr. Spocks words: Fascinating!!

Hey Brett
Where did you record the London Symphony Orchestra after the classic guitar? :tickled:
No honest, is this a VSTi?

Frank'nfurter said:
Hey Brett
Where did you record the London Symphony Orchestra after the classic guitar? :tickled:
No honest, is this a VSTi?

We did record this "nymphonic" part in this 4x4 meters rehearsal room, and believe me, getting a good sound out of 120 musicians in such a small room is a real pain in the arse...
;)

Oh and thanks LynchpiN \m/

Stellar mix Brett! That's is a great guitar tone! This has got me all riled up. I really, REALLY like this.

Is nice to see that people still believe in dynamics in metal. Sounds very original, going from Ram-Zet to The Gathering to Meshuggah in the same song. Epic, progressive and evil, contrasting with "soft" vocals... I really like it, so I'm already waiting for a full lenght.

About the production, Brett is very coherent and efficient, as usual. The guitar tone and vocals are stellar, it suited great. My only criticism on the production is about the drums, they sound a little too artificial for the aura of the music in my opinion... But, if it's what you wanted to express with the sound, great then!

By the way, where did you recorded it?

Fan-friggin-tastic, Brett! As mentioned before, this isn't your average "demo quality" demo. This beats the crap out of a slew of major label releases. Keep up the great work!

Later,
Jeff