My band's demo

The album "Pain Necessary to Know" is recorded and in the bag and will be out in October / November. I'll be releasing an advance MP3 in the next day or so. Keep an eye on the Elitist forum.

I can tell you for now that it's by far the most complex thing they've done. In fact I'd be hard pushed to think of something as complex as this in the wide field of "metal" full stop. Spiral Architect and Spastic Ink included. It changes mood / tempo / signatures with almost every new bar...

They've definitely gone more Jazz this time around, but maybe with a textural wash of something like Isis or Cult of Luna over the top. I've listened to the album many times already and I'm still trying to figure out some of it. Fucking great stuff though. It's really pushing some boundries.

Lee_B said:
I can tell you for now that it's by far the most complex thing they've done. In fact I'd be hard pushed to think of something as complex as this in the wide field of "metal" full stop. Spiral Architect and Spastic Ink included. It changes mood / tempo / signatures with almost every new bar...

They've definitely gone more Jazz this time around, but maybe with a textural wash of something like Isis or Cult of Luna over the top. I've listened to the album many times already and I'm still trying to figure out some of it. Fucking great stuff though. It's really pushing some boundries.

Just to add a second opinion, I thought the new album was perhaps less overtly jazzy most of the time, but it is mind expandingly complex, and as Lee says changes mood / tempo / signatures with almost every new bar. Quite a bit more varied than TPP. That said Lee has had a lot longer to absorb it than me, and man, this one is going to take one hell of a long to to absorb ;) :D

Really like the second track BTW Lee, probably more than the first!

changes mood / tempo / signatures with almost every new bar. Quite a bit more varied than TPP. That said Lee has had a lot longer to absorb it than me, and man, this one is going to take one hell of a long to to absorb

not sure if this is a good thing, or just an over the top excercise in wankery ... TPP was already way out there ... can't imagine what they are going to throw our way this time. One or two more conventional tracks thrown in the mix would have been nice.

lurch70 said:
not sure if this is a good thing, or just an over the top excercise in wankery ... TPP was already way out there ... can't imagine what they are going to throw our way this time. One or two more conventional tracks thrown in the mix would have been nice.

I don't think it was that out there
I think theres room for them to spazz out further, but then I prefer thier jazzy parts anyway.....maybe I've been listening to too much zappa this week :dopey:

listening to Lee's tracks now, very impressed
o