My Best Tone Yet! (possibly song...)

i think the composition is great, wich i think is a lot more important than perfect tone and shit, and yeah sounds preety thick already without the bass, maybe the only thing i'd add would be some eq on the guitar, to make it a bit more like... sharp i dunno... but then i tend to go waaaay too far with "threble" gains anyways... i think it's kool that it sounds very full and not like BOOOOOMMM (specially when i got this shitty monitors that kind'a explode with 120hz-160hz frequencies..) my opinion is yer on the good road dood

I basically use onqel's solo c settings but with quite a few eq modifications and waves plugins

Drums are abit plasitcy but otherwise sounds good.

Ya, Superior 2 drives me insane. I can never get it to sit right in my mixes. I'm trying to figure out a way to add sound samples into superior without having to use an external plugin.

I reeeeallllly like the Chaimira samples and their drums sound amazing on their cd's but dont know what i could use to get them in there.

screenshoots about your guitars settings to see better?

Can't do a screen shot but here's the solo c settings I used. I also used the engl impulses in voxengo boogex

Bright OD channel, Input = 8, Drive 2 = 8.5, Low = 5, Mid = 2.5, High = 5.5, Contour = 6.7

Wow cool tune man, good playing

i'd say gtr's have to come up , and snare could be down a dB or two.

Whats that your using for gtr's?? real amp?? or vst ??

btw - you should do a quick google of free vst drum sample players there are lots that you could use to trigger those chaimira samples!!

Ya but it would be a total pain in the ass to have to write out another entire midi track just for double bass and snare.

The guitars are vst. It's called solo c and completely free.

Couldnt you just copy and paste the midi tracks? and assign the output to a vst drum sample player to trigger those samples? you wouldnt have to write the midi again.

Sounds good man. You really got something going on here! Drums truly are little bit artificial, but not too bad. The gtr tone is actually very good and song seems good too!
And then the production side. To be specific. Can you tell me that what is this solo c? I-m quite interesed to show it to my friend who don't know so much about recording and mixing. (okay, I'm little bit interested too :D All quality freeware stuff is good). I couldn't find it (search/google)!
And what's about these Chimaira (drum?) samples? If there's some, where could I find them? (That's where I really interested)!

Thank you!

Here is the link to the drum samples....

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/311618-drum-samples-meta.html

I can't find a good free drum vst that doesn't make the samples sound synth-like. Which Is truly pissing me off.

Here is the link to download soloc

http://rekkerd.org/lepou-plugins-releases-soloc-v112/

You absolutely have to use impulses or it sounds like greasy butthole.

I also use tss (another free tube amp) and add it to the left channel on rhythm guitar and on the right channel on Lead guitar to help give it some dimension. Just set the drive to 0 and leave the level at 5 and fuss with the tone to your liking

After that just some eq and compression.

I think the problem with drums is that the velocity is all set at the same level.

Is there a way in cubase sx3 that I can randomize velocity on just a single pitch (kick drum/snare)?
If not ill do it manually and repost an updated version

Thanks for the links and info. Allthought the chimaira tom samples link don't work anymore (but there's a lot more another kind of drum stuff). The vst amp('s) seems interesting!
Yeah I guess that velocity problem is the thoughest. It's hard to alter samples when you got just one sample. And then it's easy to make your drums sound like a machine.
And I don't know anything about cubase, but I guess there's a lot folks around here who know if there's such a function...I got a feeling that someone spoke about that randomize thing in some thread.

i guess it's inevitable if u have just one sample... so i just load multiple samples on drumagog, it's kind'a shitty to have just ONE single awesome sounding sample... i hate that too