My Best Work yet : Mesa Dual + 5150 2 !!

Apr 9, 2004
It's a perth band i've been recording for the last 3 weeks for their 5 song EP

we already started tracking with a 5150 2 and the band was already very happy with the results but i decided to loan a Mesa dual rect to record as i had been recording 5150s for my last 3 cds and wanted a bit of change of sound.

absolutely godsmack after 3 days of mixing when i blended the mesa and 5150 tracks together. It was also the 1st time i used an Audix i5 and i'm really digging them together with my usual 57 mic setup

Download the sample at:
www.purevolume.com/rolandlim

check the band out atwww.myspace.com/mandalayvictory

Let me know what u guys think !

Regards

Roland Lim

PS : can anyone recommend any hosting sites ?

^^^ damn u got the 96kpbs download which sounds like poo !

i'm looking for a place to let me host on 192 or at least 128 atm

The growling vox sound ok, but the clean stuff sounds like the vocalist isn't putting much effort in. I meant the performance is weak, not the mixing.

^ yea for sure

not much i can do anything about it , it's just the way he sings . been pushing him for ages

* update - check back soon , i'm in the process of getting 192 version up soon in the next hour

For a little better streaming quality check out SoundClick. I've been using them for years and it's a much better quality than PV and MySpace.

Clip sounds great man.

~e.a

Snare is TOOO loud!
Maybe the hats and vocals too.

The guitar sounds really good, but it's hard to really get an idea of how it sits in the mix with being so quite. Drop the snare a bunch, and the OH/Vocals a tad and repost. From the sections where I can here it solo - the tone sounds really good.

guys
I can probably give some free hosting

I have a dedicated hosted server I dont really use for anything other than ninjam sessions and hosting my own stuff

you will have to use a php upload script and I will have to create you a login to my server, but thats not too hard
so long as people use it just to share mp3's of themselves I would be happy to help, I hate having to jump through hoops to hear peoples mp3's in here.
I would allow hotlinking, no ad bullshit etc

if anyones interested let me know and I will do some work on getting it happening

futurism said:
guys
I can probably give some free hosting

I have a dedicated hosted server I dont really use for anything other than ninjam sessions and hosting my own stuff

you will have to use a php upload script and I will have to create you a login to my server, but thats not too hard
so long as people use it just to share mp3's of themselves I would be happy to help, I hate having to jump through hoops to hear peoples mp3's in here.
I would allow hotlinking, no ad bullshit etc

if anyones interested let me know and I will do some work on getting it happening

I'm in man.

ok
i will need a password for each person
if people wanting hosting could throw me an email with

username and password

then I will get to work

and its not really a good idea to use the same password here as you would for online banking or anything important, since I cant guarantee security

my email address is
rad@lostforever.org