My concubine ESP viper 407

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
I have a little problem of this guitar, tihs little problem became a big problem when I play it for a lot of time.
The strap button of this guitar is in a wrong place, the weight of the guitar is strong and when I play legatos and/or sweep picking is an incubus for my left hand becouse I must support the weight of the neck.
I love the raw tone of this guitar, but I can't play it free!!
What can I do????

Unfortunately is not simple..the superior horn have a thin wood and I think if I place the strap button here i'm going to break the wood.

Have you ever played and SG style body guitar before?.....they are all like that no matter if it is an ESP, Gibson, or a cheap knock off.....moving the strap button to the horn is not something that should be done.....the horn is way to thin and can not support the weight of the guitar......I have a viper also and I was a little worried about the kneck heavy aspect of it....it took me about a week to get use to it and I have never took notice to it since....you will be fine just get use to it...

You say me that I must play the guitar like Mother nature have done?
My viper is a 7th string guitar and the weight of the neck is more heavyer than a normal 6 sring.

All SG body styles are neck heavy...it is a well know thing.....how long have you had the guitar?

Tachy said:
I have the guitar about 4 month

Well in that case if you have not gotten use to it by now I am afraid you will never like it......

Tachy said:
I like the guitar, sound features ecc ecc, but is fuckin'unconfortable!!

I don't know what to say......I got use to mine after a few weeks of practicing in my band......hope everything wroks out for you...

Sorry.. I played a vorious type of guitars includind gibson sg, but whith this guitar i'll brocken my left hand.. when i made solos with my band I must put my left foot on a chair

In case what I'm about to say is completely obvious, I apologise in advance.

I'm guessing you have a smooth strap that slides over your shoulder when you release the neck. If so, buy a strap with a rougher texture (some leather straps are good for this) and that may solve the problem. You could also sow a little piece of rough fabric to your strap at the point where your shoulder would normally be. Or, even better, have your girlfriend sow the patch to the strap.

It may sound a little dorky but it works for me.

Hammer Bart said:
In case what I'm about to say is completely obvious, I apologise in advance.

I'm guessing you have a smooth strap that slides over your shoulder when you release the neck. If so, buy a strap with a rougher texture (some leather straps are good for this) and that may solve the problem. You could also sow a little piece of rough fabric to your strap at the point where your shoulder would normally be. Or, even better, have your girlfriend sow the patch to the strap.

It may sound a little dorky but it works for me.

Good call on the the leather strap....slipped my mind...

a have a viper too and i'm considering of changing my strap button also in the horn.i've seen vipers modified this way and they didnt seem to have a problem with the thin horn....for example matt devries of chimaira has vipers with the strap buttons in the horn and it seeams that he has no problem during a concert or practice.

are u sure that moving it to the horn is a bad ideea?

pixy said:
a have a viper too and i'm considering of changing my strap button also in the horn.i've seen vipers modified this way and they didnt seem to have a problem with the thin horn....for example matt devries of chimaira has vipers with the strap buttons in the horn and it seeams that he has no problem during a concert or practice.

are u sure that moving it to the horn is a bad ideea?

Wow...I guess I am just lucky to not have it bother me as bad.....as far as the button being on the horn this is what I know.....when they first released the viper the button was stock on the horn....after many people complaing about the button ripping off or coming loose they switched it to the back side.....I guess it all depends on how much jumping around you do...