My Condition Update

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Just wanted to give you guys an update on how I'm doing. As most of you know on 9/16 I had a kidney/ pancreas transplant. Things are finally settling down but still have a ways to go. The organs are working at 100%. I had lost 20 pounds while in the hospital so gaining that weight back and then some is where my priority lies. As well as drinking tons of water, taking all my anti-rejection meds on time (which I do), and getting blood tests twice a week. The only complaint I have is in the three weeks I was in the hospital my stamina and strength plummeted and I have to work every day to regain it. I hope by Thanksgiving I will have most if not all of it back. I feel absolutely blessed, also sad in a way that someone had to lose their life to help me. I think alot about the donor. I was told it was a 21 year old female involved in a car accident who died instantly. At least she had no pain. I am currently writing a letter to the family so maybe they might have a bit of closure that her death helped someone else live. Its a hard letter to write. So thank you to all of you that have given me so much support over this last month. Its been a hard road but a road I would have gladly taken again.

I think it's great that you're writing to her family. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. :)

Sean, I can't believe you lost 20lbs! You were skinny enough to begin with! Fortunately, the holidays are the best time to gain weight. ;) Keep on getting better!

Don't think of it as her having to lose her life to save yours. Think of it as the good that came out of her death. It's not like she died for you. She died, which is unfortunately, but inevitable. However, that death did turn into a blessing for you.

I don't know you, but I wanted to say how cool of an idea it is to write that letter. I think the family will be very happy to know their daughter was able to help you! Feel better dude.

I'm glad to hear that things are progressing well...looking forward to seeing you at 100% at PPXI!

Also, very classy move writing a letter to the donor's family.