My Dying Bride

plaguewilder

Jan 15, 2005
Utard
Just out of curiosity does anyone else think this band is just brilliant?? All of their albums are amazing. They are one of the few atmospheric doom bands that is relevant.

94490001.jpg

I've enjoyed pretty much everything they've done. The only albums that I haven't really got a lot of enjoyment out of are Like Gods of the Sun and The Light At The End Of The World. I think they're both a tad bland and LGOTS is a bit too commercial sounding.

The only material I haven't got by them is The Sexuality of Bereavement 7" and Unreleased Bitterness 7". Well also the two Meisterwerk albums but they're not a huge priority. I can't wait for the new DVD, it should be excellent. I really want to see them live again as their gig at the Astoria in 2003 was too short and that shite support band Flowing Tears were on for way too long.

None_So_Vile said:
I've enjoyed pretty much everything they've done. The only albums that I haven't really got a lot of enjoyment out of are Like Gods of the Sun and The Light At The End Of The World. I think they're both a tad bland and LGOTS is a bit too commercial sounding.

The only material I haven't got by them is The Sexuality of Bereavement 7" and Unreleased Bitterness 7". Well also the two Meisterwerk albums but they're not a huge priority. I can't wait for the new DVD, it should be excellent. I really want to see them live again as their gig at the Astoria in 2003 was too short and that shite support band Flowing Tears were on for way too long.

You should get Trinity, which, not surprisingly, is all three EPs on one disc. I only have the early and the latest stuff. I'm still missing Angel and the Dark River, Like Gods of the Sun, and The Light at the End of the World. I don't think I'm going to get those anytime soon, as I think their newest is my favorite of theirs. Turn Loose the Swans and Symphonaire... are both a bit overrated in my book. But I can't wait for the new DVD and album.

Yes, it´s one of my favourite bands, i like most of their albums. And I´m also waiting for their next dvd. I hope to see them on concert some day.

Erik said:
I think they USED TO be brilliant, up until around "Turn Loose the Swans" -- "Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium" is a complete masterpiece, one of the best songs ever, and the other two EP's are cool too. "As the Flower Withers" also. As soon as they started with the clean vocals they more or less lost me.

Yeah i like the growling vocals he does on the song Wreckage of my Flesh then the clean vocals on that song..

The clean vocals have gotten a lot better. I must agree that The Cry of Mankind is an amazing track. Songs of darkness......is an outstanding album that must be heard. It's a true return to form.

In reply to MasterofLightning...

Yeah I've got Trinity, also I've got that really rare The Stories box set and the demo tape Towards The Sinister. I'm just a bit of a completist really, want to complete my My Dying Bride collection